Need Directing Help? This is the Thread for You!

It really does!!! I appreciate it so much! :grin::heart:

1 Like

Yay! I’m glad :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’re very welcome! :heart_eyes::heart:

Anyone know what this issue is?

can someone help me fix my code

maria.y can you help me with my problem? I published this earlier but suddenly it turns out like this

Hi I don’t know if you’ll know what I mean, but how do you direct the bar that drops down from the top of the screen for a few seconds then goes away?

Hello and welcome to the community! :two_hearts: :two_hearts:
It’s called a reader message. You just write this:
readerMessage Type whatever you want here.

You can also add a title by writing this:
readerMessage Type whatever you want here. with messageTitle This is where you write the title.

2 Likes

OMG thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Hi! This is the first time I’m writing on the forum so I don’t know if I am doing it right. But anyway, I was wondering if there is a way I can force a player to restart an episode. Like, if they make the wrong choice I want the episode to restart and they try again. I know this was done in that one story, Bad Boy Bachelor so I was wondering how do you do it?

1 Like

Hi im very new all of this and I’m trying to making my character do an animation while being the narrator but idk how to do it, could some one correct me with an example please?

example (as far as I gotten to):
@MAIN A enters from left to screen left
@MAIN A walks to spot 1.280 118 0 in zone 1
@MAIN A faces right (idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop)

@MAIN A (flirt_wink_atcamera)

NARRATOR (MAIN A) 
Hi, I'm Katerina!

@MAIN A (idle_handsonhips_neutral_loop)

NARRATOR (MAIN A) 
I just started my Freshman year at Tri Branch High and already hate algebra 1 but that doesn't really matter since I finally in the same school as my best friend Hayle.
1 Like

Hi Ella! As far as making a character do an animation while narrating, you pretty much have it down.
Ex: @CHARACTER starts (flirt_wink_atcamera)
NARRATOR (CHARACTER)
Hi! I’m Katerina!

This above would make your character perform a silent action while she narrates, just like when a character thinks to themselves minus the thought bubble. The best advice would be to make it a loop action so it keeps playing.

If you wanted a character to perform a talking action while narrating:
@CHARACTER starts talk_armscrossed_condescending_loop (or a non-looped action)
NARRATOR (CHARACTER)
I just started my freshman year at Tri Branch High and I already hate algebra!

I’m not sure if there is another way to do this but if I were attempting what you were doing this would be my method. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help! It means a lot for me for you to be able to help me. Hope you have a nice day!

1 Like