Need for modern fantasy story feedback! (polls!)

the story i’m planning to write is a murder mystery. it would revolve around all the original fairy tale characters (e.g. snow white, little red, etc) who had to flee their homeland because a prince/witch in a jealous rage tore down the spell barrier that shielded them from the human world. those who don’t look human use glamour to look so, and those who don’t are sent to spend their life in isolation. one of them is murdered, and you, the main character, have to solve the murder. it would be really helpful if you answered these polls!

1. the identity of the main character
    https://www.strawpoll.me/19301911

2. the love interest(s)
    https://www.strawpoll.me/19301929

3. the identity of the main character (pt. 2)
    https://www.strawpoll.me/19301941

EDIT: I’ve just realized you can make polls here, so here they are. I’m keeping the links above so I can count them in the final vote.

1. would you rather…
  • play as an existing main fairy tale character
  • play as an existing fairy tale side character
  • have the author create a new fairy tale

0 voters

1. who would you like as your love interest? please choose 2, a male and a female.
  • snow white
  • the big bad wolf
  • little red riding hood
  • goldilocks
  • hansel
  • jack (from jack and the beanstalk)
  • aurora (sleeping beauty)
  • prince charming
  • prince eric
  • prince philip
  • prince naveen
  • ariel
  • snow queen
  • queen guinevere
  • other (comment below!)

0 voters

1. if you chose a/b in poll 1, who would you like to play as?
  • little red riding hood
  • snow white
  • cinderella
  • sleeping beauty
  • rapunzel
  • beauty (belle)
  • ariel
  • gretel
  • cinderella’s evil sister
  • maleficent
  • maid marian
  • jane (from peter pan)
  • thumbelina
  • flora
  • fauna
  • meriweather
  • bluebeard’s wife
  • other (comment below)

0 voters

any other suggestions/feed back would be cool!

1 Like

Uh, hey, so it is easier for voters, you know you can create forum polls?!

Just click this here:

Also, when creating the poll, if you click in the “Show who voted” box then it shows you which users voted. (wink)

2 Likes

oh wow i was not aware of that thank you!! will fix it as soon as i can

1 Like

No worries, but why can we only vote for one in the third poll?

1 Like

a lot of the charaters you made a choice you cant be because are disney made charaters. like ariel a lot of the disney princes, naveen. eric philip, flora fauna. meriweather,

2 Likes

because there will be one main character that you stick with throughout the book! although, that does give me an idea: would you rather play as different characters throughout the book?

so I can’t use them even if i put out a disclaimer that they’re not mine? I mean, the whole point of the book is for the characters to be from original fairy tales. though, most of them were fairy tales that disney adapted into cartoons, they didn’t create them

I’m not sure if this is a book or an episode story and what the episode guide lines are, but some of those characters are public domain. :relaxed: The wonders of google, lol :laughing:

not if its for episode. because those are disney own charaters. cindarella, hansel and gretel are brotehrs grim so you can use them since they now are public domane.

the little mermaid is HC Andersen, so public domane. but Disney’s the little mermaid, aka Ariel is not

1 Like

it’s an episode story! I’ll review the guidelines and check google for which characters i can use

1 Like

thanks for letting me know! i’ll be sure to avoid using disney characters

1 Like

if, when I write the story, i change the characters’ names to the ones they had in the original version rather than the disney adaptation, would it no longer be against the guidelines?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.