*need help choosing a laptop that runs episode *

So I’m getting a new laptop and really want advice on good laptops that run episode well x

My lenovo runs it really well on Chrome!

Oh my god!! Thank you so much xx

Windows get bluestacks

Thank you x

Moved to Episode Fan Community. :wink:

I use a Windows 10 it works great! Especially listening to music while working, or multitasking in general. It is also great for PC games so that is what i suggest!

I have an hp laptop that I got on sale using windows 10 and it works pretty well, BUT tablets with keyboards don’t work as well (part of the reason I got a laptop)

Thank you xx

thank you so much!! :heart:️:heart:️ X

Ok thank you so much x

@jas.writes Selecting the best laptop depends on what you intend to use yours for and the budget you want to invest in it.

Brand, Operating System, Other Features, etc.
From my own personal experience, I think Lenovo laptops are the best laptop brand currently available because, in my opinion, they are built stronger and with quality and they last a long time if you maintain it! There is no ‘best brand’ as it all comes down to preference, but there are some bad brands just from simple facts alone. For example, I would avoid brands such as Toshiba and HP, because when I used some models before, they tended to overheat or tended to break easily due to cheap parts and manufacturing. Their tech support is also not very helpful; numerous complaints about them can be found online.

For the operating system, most people use Windows. Macbooks are also popular and run on the MacOS, but I believe Macbooks don’t have touchscreens, so if you care about that feature, you may want to look into Windows-operated laptops.

Anyway, there are different models of any laptop brand to suit everyone’s needs so try to look at specific laptop models you like and see what their specs are and make sure they meet your needs. It’s honestly a personal preference, like the feel of the keyboard, the weight and size of the laptop (you don’t want to be carrying around a brick, right? haha) and so forth…

With that being said, this isn’t the main way to select a good laptop for your needs. So how do you know? I’ll try to keep it short as possible, I promise lol. These are the components are the main ones you should keep an eye for because the true quality of the performance will all come down to the specs:

RAM (Memory)
Well, memory or RAM is pretty important for computers. In your case, 8 GB of RAM is perfect if you’re not going to be doing any heavy tasks like playing heavily-demanding games, video editing etc., but just need enough to write Episode stories. Avoid anything below 8 GB of RAM, since most software needs at least 4 GB of RAM these days and having 8 GB will cover most tasks. It’s also good if you’re on a budget, but if you want to really reduce your cost, then 4 GB is fine but you won’t be able to do as much as with 8 GB of RAM, and it’s just more for the extra buck. Anything above 8GB is overkill unless you truly need it, for example, for an engineering job that requires task heavy software like AutoCAD.

CPU (Processor)
Intel or AMD are well known for making most laptop processors. They’re pretty important. They have specific names like i7-6500U, which should be available to see. A smart move to consider making would be Google the processor name and add ‘base speed’ at the end to figure out its true speed. Why is this important? Because most processors have a turbo boost frequency which gives you the extra speed when you need it, but it isn’t the true speed. Most companies that sell laptop only market the turbo boost speed to get more sales but will never tell you the base speed. That’s why it’s important to check. Since I’m only familiar with Intel, I think an i3 or an i5 (recommended) will be best. I have an i7 processor for different purposes, but that’ll probably be too much for what you intend to use it for!

HDD vs. SSD (Hard Drives vs Solid State Drives)
Hard drives and solid state drives in a nutshell:

Hard Drives:

• Works by moving parts, as a result, are slower than SSDs.
  • Moving parts = increased risk of mechanical failure.
  • Less expensive.

Solid State Drives

• Works by flash memory, as a result, are faster than HDDs.
  • No moving parts = safer; can still fail, but the risk of failure is significantly decreased.
  • More expensive.

Hard drives nowadays are cheaper than solid state drives, so you will be able to find hard drives with more storage capacity than solid states. If you don’t care that speed when it comes to booting your laptop or starting programs, then hard drives are the way to go, as they’ll do the same job but provide you with more storage, like 1 TB of space at a cheaper cost at the expense of slower speeds, but it won’t kill you or anything unless you really care about that lol.

Graphics Card
You absolutely don’t need a graphics card, but it may be good to invest in one if you’re going to be doing stuff like digital special art scenes, playing android emulators to emulate Episode like Bluestacks or another emulator on your PC… I use an NVIDIA GeForce 940M and it’s pretty good. No need to get something like a GTX 1080 (too expensive). Investing in memory of at least 8GB may be more important than the graphics card in this scenario if none of the above apply.

There are other important factors like battery life, but I think those are common sense besides these main components to help you choose what’ll work best for you…

TL;DR: Lenovo (or a brand of your liking) + Windows 10 (or an operating system of your liking) + i3/i5 Processor (/w decent base speed + turbo) + HDD + 8 GB of RAM + good battery life is my recommendation.

Thank you so much. This really has helped and gave me a lot more information then I thought!! Thank you for taking the time in informing me and helping me understand!! it really is appreciated xx