Need help getting character to slide down into seat

As the title says I need help with placing/coding my character sliding down into her seat at school but I seem to have trouble. I tried on my own before coming on forums and looking for similar topics and trying what others suggested to different people but I’m not getting where I want her to be at in the scene please help :pleading_face:

Here’s my script where the scene is

Screenshots of placements

Don’t mind them being naked my phone loves to reset them to the outfit they use in the beginning :woman_facepalming:t4:

INT. CLASSROOM DESK - DAY with DESK CLASS
@cut to zone 1
@overlay DESK CLASS moves to layer 2
@PERSON1 spot 1.271 270 8 AND @PERSON2 spot 1.280 73 -11 AND PERSON2 faces right
@pause for a beat
@PERSON1 walks to spot 1.271 270 -35 AND PERSON1 does it while dustoff_neutral_loop AND PERSON1 faces right
@pause for 2

I haven’t tested this myself so DO NOT delete your original code to try this, copy and paste your current code in a notebook in case this one doesn’t work so that you don’t have to redo everything

If this doesn’t work please let me know what’s wrong with it and I’ll do my best to help :))

I’ll try it :relaxed:

She slid in from the right :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh :sob: I might’ve entered the wrong spotting, let me check if I added the right numbers

I edited the spotting, see if it makes the same error now

No they’re correct but I want her to slide down into her seat instead of sliding from the right into the position

I’ve seen in stories that they make characters cry while they slide down on a wall like if they received bad news

I think I realised the problem, when I was copying the script I accidentally used the spot for when she’s off frame instead of the one where she’s stood above her seat

Try the code now and if it still slides from the right I have no idea I’m sorry :((

I got it how I wanted it to look. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it :pleading_face::heartpulse:.

1 Like