Need help ? I'm here to help you

hey I’m new too so Idk if I’m the best option to help you but with outfit changes i use this template it make them super easy!

Limelite i’m coding a classroom scene, but idk how to make it look like the characters are sat at a desk, help me pleaseeeeeee

simply use spot directing to spot the offscreen first and then walk them to the new spot with command:
@CHAr walks to spot # # # in zone # in T

1 Like

if you want them behind the desk you will need and overlay of the desk first. do you have it?

1 Like

yes, i just found the desk overlay i want

then you need to use layers both for overlay and for the character - so you can set what is front and what behind:

1 Like

thank you, thank you

1 Like

I need help! Its about spot directing scaler, so when I was trying to change the height of the kid avatar and when I saved the story and I reread it the height didn’t change, it was the same height with no changes at all.

Did you copy and paste the new scale direction after changing it in the previewer? The text that shows up under the previewer needs to be put into the script.

Hii! I was wondering if I make my character customisable how am I meant to make family members have the same hair /eye /skin colour when I’m not sure what the reader chose there character to look like. Is there a certain piece of coding I can include?

Here is a website that helps.
1 Like

Hello!

I need some help.

So, I would like my outfit choices to affect the next part after the scene ends.

For example,

she chooses her outfit in her room.
After a choice is made, she leaves her room, it fades out and the character is ready to move on to the next scene.

if the character wears something comfortable, she will now go to a specific spot and interact with specific characters,

if she wears something sexy, she will now go to yet another place and interact with other characters again, if that makes sense?
Here is my script:

label dressing_game

FIRSTNAME (talk_think_neutral)
What do I want to wear?

choice (OUTFIT_1)
“Something sexy” {
@FIRSTNAME changes into FIRSTNAME_sexy
FIRSTNAME (flirt_fingerbite_sexy)
I will make everyone turn their heads for me. I’ll be the talk of the school.

}
“Something to fit in” {
@FIRSTNAME changes into FIRSTNAME_fitin
FIRSTNAME (talk_excited_happy)
This is perfect! I don’t want to look like I’m trying too hard.

}
“Something comfortable” {
@FIRSTNAME changes into FIRSTNAME_comfortable
FIRSTNAME (flirt_liftchin_receive_shy)
This is comfortable and will not make me stand out.

}

@FIRSTNAME walks to screen center in zone 2

@pause for a beat

FIRSTNAME (think_rubchin)
(Shall I wear this or try something else?)

choice
“Wear this outfit.”{

FIRSTNAME (idle_headbob_neutral_loop)
(This is perfect!)

}
“Try something else.”{

goto dressing_game

}
FIRSTNAME (callout_neutral)
I’m coming mom!
@FIRSTNAME exits left

Ty!

Hi there! This might sound like the easiest thing to fix or the silliest question, but I am not an expert in coding. :joy: I was just wondering how to add in a character that you can then customise. I’ve added in the CC template but no character appears and can be seen being edited. If you could help me fix this issue, I would really appreciate the help! Thank you! (:

Hi! I need help with moving my speech bubbles. I have the coordinates just have no clue where to put them in the script without an error. Thanks darlin x

Hi! I’m not an expert either I can feel you with that one :expressionless:. You’ll have to make that specific character enter first then have the narrator ask the reader if they’d like to customise. If so add in a choice. For the customisation choice that’s where you have to add the template. Hope this helped! :hearts:

1 Like

You can put it anywhere in the script, before the dialogue you’re trying to place. I usually put it directly above the dialogue :slight_smile:

YES! It’s worked thank you :hearts: :hearts:

1 Like

I am new here i want my reader to customize their character and even i did but in the end when i want to continue with my script it says error unexpected character
Please help

we need to see the part of the script where you have this error…this one often appears when you write dialogue all in Caps - like this

JOHN
OK

If this is the case either use a small letter or something like this

JOHN
OK!

or
JOHN
Ok

bUt it can be also different reason not seeing your script I am only guessing…