Need Help in Direction and camera zoom and panning

Hello Masters of writing,
I am writing a new story for the first time and stuck with a problem , my character enters in zone 3 and I want him to walk in zone 1 but there are already many characters placed in zone 1 and hence no room left for him , but it is important to show them together …… So basically the characters is king who enters to zone 3 and camera also pans with him to zone 1 where his army is waiting for him …. What to do ??

If you put the main character in the highest layer, he will be in front of everybody. Tbh I’m not exactly sure what your issue is but if that helps then.

1 Like

well I would sugest 2 things…

1. use spot directing - this will help you make the army smaller and bit in distance.
  1. nd to be sure the main character will be infront of them use layers

Hello Qwertyu … thanks for your help … layers helped yeahh… but how should I pan my camera with the character which is walking from zone 3 to zone 1 ?

Hello Farah_DeSantis …., Thanks for your help… but I want to pan my camera with the 2 characters which are moving from zone 3 to zone 1 ….please help me out

example how to make 2 characters walk together in simple directing.

EXT. CAIRO STREET - DAY
&CHAR1 stands screen left AND CHAR1 faces right
&CHAR2 stands screen center AND CHAR2 faces right
&CHAR1 walks to screen left in zone 3 in 6 AND CHAR1 does it while walk_neutral_loop
&CHAR2 walks to screen center in zone 3 in 6 AND CHAR1 does it while walk_neutral_offset_loop
@pan to zone 3 in 6
NARR

1 Like

Ohh …thanks a ton :grinning:

Closed: Marked as solved by op @Aanchal_Chhabra :v: