Need help on character placement in script

I need to place 2 characters on the coach and one character across the way on the opposing chair

You’d have to use spot directing

How do I do that? I’m new to this. Is their an Episode guide in this?

If you open up the Episode Script and click “Preview”. It will show up with buttons, tell me when you reach that. I’ll show you how to get to that. :slight_smile:

And, explain how Spot Directing works. No worries, I was new to Episode scripting as well. :laughing:

I’m there now

Alright, do you see the button “Preview.” Make sure to have your background ready and some characters ready. :slight_smile:

Yes, Im ready

If you are new to adding backgrounds, characters, etc. I’ll see if I can help you.

First, add your background by typing it out. Make sure to use capitals like this “INT. BACKGROUND.”

Check out this on Spot directing:

After that, place your characters using Spot Directing. If you click on Preview and look onto the side and see a button that says “Navigation”, click on it and find “Spot Directing.” But, first…place your character in a spot like a random number and then you’ll be able to move it around once you accessed Spot Directing. I recommend using this.

INT. BACKGROUND

@CHARACTER spot 0.300 300 300

If you want your character to be in a specific zone and want it to be in that zone when the scene begins. Use this as a command…

@cut to zone #

@natashadavis I’d recommend watching Joseph Evans’ tutorials as a way to get started directing on Episode and I’d also recommend that you read the guides-it will be super helpful.

Also, I’m curious, are you writing in ink, limelight or classic?

I recommend listening to Jen, she is really good at this stuff. I will sound too confusing. :laughing:

Thank you! I will finish working on this in the morning. This coding is making my head spin.

I’m writing in Ink since it looked simple to do

No worries, hey. I was like you when starting this stuff. Like Jen said, you could read the forums itself or watch Joseph Evans’ tutorials.

Nice choice, INK is a great style to start. Don’t worry about starting today, you have tomorrow! :slight_smile:

@EllieThatWriter I have 3 different story ideas, I just have to make it through the 1st story before I start the 2nd one. I already have characters. The last one I had its super complex and probably make me use lots of overlays since it’s about witches and the supernatural