Need Help Rotating Overlays

Hello! So I am doing a scene where I’m having one of my characters “throw” a coffee mug across the stage but I don’t know how to have the overlay rotate AND move to the left at the same time.
It is being moved all the way from the right side of the screen to the left.
If anyone can help it would be gratefully appreciated xx

Hey! I’m new here (I literally just joined five minutes ago lol) but I hope I can help!

To make the overlay rotate and move to the left, it’s pretty simple–just put them in the same command. For example, you could do something like:
@overlay MUG shifts to -50 0 in 2 and overlay MUG rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2
Or, you could use the ampersand command for one and have both occur on separate lines, like so:
&overlay MUG shifts to -50 0 in 2
@overlay MUG rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 2

Hope this helps! Also, you could try checking out the directing guide for overlays in the portal :slight_smile:

Do you know how I could have it rotate multiple lines? And would I put the @overlay COFFEE MUG create right before it?

Yes, definitely begin with:
@overlay COFFEE MUG create and overlay COFFEE MUG opacity 1 in 0
To rotate multiple times, I would loop it using the ampersand command beginning, maybe something along the lines of this:
&overlay COFFEE MUG rotates -1080 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 3 then overlay COFFEE MUG rotates 1080 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 loop 3 times
Try copy pasting that perhaps? Just an idea, you can manipulate the numbers as much as you want.

Okay I’ll try that, thank you!