Need help to fix a bathroom mirror reflection overlay coding

Hey guys! I’m having coding problem with a mirror reflection overlay where my duplicate character isn’t going behind the overlay. Instead, the duplicate is standing in front of the original character. I tried layering the characters and overlay but it’s not working.

Here is the coding on the script:

@TRAVIS changes into TRAVIS_towel
@TRAVISDUPLICATE changes into TRAVISDUPLICATE_towel
INT. BATHROOM - DAY with BATHROOM OVERLAY to 1.000 0 0 with EFFECT SMOKE with EFFECT DIM 30
@cut to zone 1
@DEADWOMAN moves to layer 0
@TRAVISDUPLICATE moves to layer 1
@overlay BATHROOM OVERLAY moves to layer 2
@TRAVIS moves to layer 3

@TRAVIS enters from right to screen center AND TRAVISDUPLICATE enters from right to screen center

@pause for a beat
@TRAVIS faces right AND TRAVIS is idle_rear AND TRAVISDUPLICATE faces right AND is idle
@pause for a beat

Here is the screenshot of what the issue looks like:

maybe try fixing the layers? let me know if that doesn’t work

1 Like

Make sure that the overlay is the actually bathroom and not the mirror, that can be the problem?

1 Like

Maybe try something like this:

Script
INT. BATHROOM - DAY with BATHROOM OVERLAY to 1.000 0 0 at layer 2 with EFFECT SMOKE with EFFECT DIM 30
&cut to zone 1
&DEADWOMAN moves to layer 0

@TRAVIS enters from right to screen center AND TRAVIS moves to layer 3 AND TRAVISDUPLICATE enters from right to screen center and TRAVISDUPLICATE moves to layer 1

@pause for a beat
@TRAVIS faces right AND TRAVIS is idle_rear AND TRAVISDUPLICATE faces right AND is idle
@pause for a beat

Yes the overlay is the whole bathroom :relaxed:

1 Like

Yes I tried that but the same result happens

1 Like

Happy birthday @Davideogurl :cake1: :cake2: :cake: :birthday:

1 Like

I got it to work! I had to change the layer to 0 of the duplicate character when it turned to another position

Thank you all for your help!

1 Like

Tysm!

1 Like

Im glad it worked, enjoy your day.

1 Like

Thank you! You too!

1 Like

you’re welcome :innocent: :birthday: have wonderful day

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.