Need help with a dressing game template

Hello there,
I’m using Dara Amarie’s Arrows Dressing game template. She mentioned in her script that it uses a point system. I’ve to use two dressing games in a single chapter and it’s glitching. Here’s my script, I’ll be really thankful if anyone could help me out what’s going on here!
Thank you.

&ui LEFT_ARROW create and ui LEFT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW shifts to 7 187 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui RIGHT_ARROW create and ui RIGHT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW shifts to 250 187 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui CHOOSE create and ui CHOOSE scales to 0.4 0.4 in 0 and ui CHOOSE shifts to 75 110 in 0 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
&ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
goto tap_outfit_3
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_1
}

label tap_outfit_1
@INDU =1
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############
@INDU changes into INDU_SPECIAL_1

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_3
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_2
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_2
@INDU =2
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############
@INDU changes into INDU_SPECIAL_2

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_1
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_3
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_3
@INDU =3
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############
@INDU changes into INDU_SPECIAL_3

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_2
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_1
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose
}

label tap_outfit_choose
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0.1
@INDU is primp_neutral
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
“Yes!” {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit
@INDU is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera
} “No, let me try the others” {
&INDU starts idle
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
if (INDU =1) {
goto tap_outfit_1
} elif (INDU =2) {
goto tap_outfit_2
} else {
goto tap_outfit_3
}
}

ARROWS DRESSING GAME - 3 OUTFITS {

&ui LEFT_ARROW create and ui LEFT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW shifts to 7 187 in 0 and ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui RIGHT_ARROW create and ui RIGHT_ARROW scales to 0.8 0.8 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW shifts to 250 187 in 0 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0
&ui CHOOSE create and ui CHOOSE scales to 0.4 0.4 in 0 and ui CHOOSE shifts to 75 110 in 0 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_6
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_4
}

label tap_outfit_4
@CHARACTER =4
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 1ST OUTFIT ###############
@CHARACTER changes into INDU-1

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_6
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_5
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose2
}

label tap_outfit_5
@CHARACTER =5
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 2ND OUTFIT ###############
@CHARACTER changes into INDU-2

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_4
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_6
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose2
}

label tap_outfit_6
@CHARACTER =3
################## CHANGE OUTFIT NAME TO YOUR 3RD OUTFIT ###############
@CHARACTER changes into INDU-3

tappable
“LEFT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_5
} “RIGHT_ARROW” {
goto tap_outfit_4
} “CHOOSE” {
goto tap_outfit_choose2
}

label tap_outfit_choose2
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 0 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0 in 0.1
@CHARACTER is primp_neutral
NARRATOR
Are you sure you want to wear this outfit?
choice
“Yes!” {
readerMessage Follow @dara.amarie.ep on Instagram! with messageTitle Arrows Dressing Game Template Credit
@CHARACTER is kiss_blow_happy_atcamera
} “No, let me try the others” {
&CHARACTER starts idle
&ui LEFT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui RIGHT_ARROW opacity 1 in 0.1 and ui CHOOSE opacity 0.8 in 0.1
if (CHARACTER =4) {
goto tap_outfit_4
} elif (CHARACTER =5) {
goto tap_outfit_5
} else {
goto tap_outfit_6
}
}

If you’re using it twice you need to change the labels (I see you have done this using numbers) personally for me if I need a dressing game template for a female LI and Male LI branch, I will put the template into a blank episode, highlight the label name e.g. tap_outfit_4 press cmd F (on the mac if you’re using windows I think it would just be ctrl f) and it will bring up a little box, press the button that says All which will highlight each label of that name, then change the label e.g. I will change mine to tap_outfit_4_boybranch. So I’m not deleting the whole label just adding _boybranch on the end so it differentiates it to the first dressing game in your script if that makes sense. (Just a tip that works for me to make my dressing games clearer)

It would be helpful to know what you mean by glitching?

Also maybe it’s the fact you haven’t changed CHARACTER in the second one?

2 Likes

Actually, it’s not a different branch. It’s the same character in the same chapter. She’s changing outfit twice.

@Dara.Amarie could you please help me?

I was just giving an example from how I use it, it doesnt have to be a branch, I was just saying how I would do it that might make it easier.

Did you change CHARACTER to your character’s name in the second game?

You also didnt answer my question when I asked what you mean by glitching? I am trying to help you… but I get the feeling that you’re looking for help from specifically Dara.

2 Likes

Also, make sure you reset your character points before the second dressing game otherwise the points wont add up correctly. E.g.

@CHARACTER =0

1 Like

Thank you for your help. Actually I made a silly mistake and it’s working now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.