Need help with a mini-game

Hello there Episodians,
I’ve decided to enter the R&R contest, I know it’s a little late for that, but I guess it’s now or never. I’m planning to include 2-3 mini-games in my first three chapters and I’ve never coded them before. Here’s some of my ideas:

1. I want to design a mini-game similar to the one in “THE WALL” by J.Miley. When the MC escapes her house without being noticed by the guards.
  2. While packing, take only 4/6 or something items and their influence on the story later on.

I know J.Miley coded them from scratch probably, but I’d like to have some idea how I can do that. Thank you. :blush:

Um I might be able to help you later on today if no one else does, but I’ve never read The Wall so you’d have to be more specific on what’s you’re looking for :blush:

1 Like

Well, when the Mc tries to escape her house, there were several paths, your mission was to get past the guards, either when they’re distracted or there isn’t any of them or you have to create some sort of distraction.

And about the later, there were five things, everyone of which can be used for different purposes, but using your intellectuality you have to select only three (you’re allowed to take only three times) which will come in handy later on. There was a point system based on it too.

Hmm I could probably do it, but verrrryyyyy slowlyyyy. Someone else will probably appear and do it for you, but if no one does I can give it a try later on today. (I’m not on my computer right now)

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone else will appear. So, whenever you’ve the time, I’ll be grateful.

Minigames like that are pretty simple.

First you have to of course place the overlays in the scene.

Explaination

You want to count points to know how many items have been chosen and how many are left. I recommend using the MC for that. Then you have to place a flag (gain) in each option, so that you can refer to it later.

Basic code

NARRATOR
Pan around the script and collect items for your joruney.
You can only take two objects.
Choose carefully!
@pause for 0.1 <--------------------------(this is to make the speeachbubble go away, lol)
label collect_items
if (MC>1) { <----------------------------------------------------------(Mini games is over)
goto collect_items_done
}
tappable [pan:1:3] <------------------------------------- (or 2, if it’s a 2-zone background)
“ITEM1” { <---------------------------------------------- (this is the name of the overlay)
NARRATOR
Item - Item description
Do you want to take item?
choice
“Yes” {
@MC +1 <------------------------------------------------------------------ (counting)
NARRATOR
1/2 items collected.
gain item1
goto collect_items
}“No, let me see the other things first” {
goto collect_items
}
}“ITEM2” {
NARRATOR
Item - Item description
choice
“Yes” {
@MC +1
NARRATOR
1/2 items collected.
gain item2
goto collect_items
goto collect_items
}
}“ITEM3” {
NARRATOR
Item - Item description
choice
“Yes” {
@MC +1
NARRATOR
1/2 items collected.
gain item3
goto collect_items
goto collect_items
}
}“ITEM4” {
NARRATOR
Item - Item description
choice
“Yes” {
@MC +1
NARRATOR
1/2 items collected.
gain item4
goto collect_items
goto collect_items
}
}
label collect_items_done
NARRATOR
You’ve collected 2/2 items.
Let’s hope you made the right choice.

story continues

Then - to refer to the collected items use:

if (item1) {
NARRATOR
Yay, you took item with you!
}

etc.

Hope this helps :slight_smile: If you need further explaination or help, let me know! :tulip:

2 Likes

So far it sounds good. I’ll let you know if I encounter any problem and thank you so much for your help. :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.