Need help with A musical show

I have a question. I know that some people don’t have strong mobile that can handle many characters in one scene. I want to ask how many characters I can use?

Thanks for your help

1 Like

Max 3

Thanks

1 Like

What? :laughing:
That’s not true. It gets problematic with 10+ characters and even if, the loading time is just longer. If you’re unsure how to handle that you can put a choice before the scene, asking if the reader has already experienced issues with highly directed scenes and then choose to skip it if necessary or read the simplier version of the scene :slight_smile:

3 Likes

??? :rofl::rofl:That is so not true. I have scenes with 10-15 characters

2 Likes

If I remember right some time ago episode added memory limit because of this issue… so it will not alow you anymore to make huge scenes with many overlays and characters.

I gave in sone scenes up to 15 characters. So far I never got any complain from readers that is causing trouble to them ( never got the memory problem on episode either)

1 Like

Guess it’s only me who’s scenes get glitched when they add more than 3 characters :roll_eyes:

This why I ask because people say they have problem with that

Background characters: 8-9, give & take.
Actual interacting characters: 3-4.
The problem isn’t about the memory load. The thing is, that one scene will probably give you a burnout faster than the memory consumption.
But if your capability is high, I’d say try your best and see what you could do.
My device (dates back to 2018, nova 3i) starts to face lags when characters exceed 15.

1 Like

Do you maybe have also lot of overlays? Because 3 is raly too low. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

If 4 overlays mean “a lot” of overlays… :no_mouth:

its I think also about their file size and if they are static or if you move them - but anyway 4 overlays and 3 characters is really low - I assume only really old phones or with some really little memory will have a problem with this.

2 Likes