Need help with coding

general

hey there
im new to episode and having trouble with coding and directing! My current issue is how to make people walking and talking in the background like at a school. and my second issue is how to have four characters enter the screen at once
so say character 1 enters screen left to left
character 2 enters screen left to right
how to my other 2 characters enter…i want them all with each other
sorry if this is confusing! Thanks if you can help!

For coding people walking around in the background you have to spot them and having them do talk behaviors or you can use the script template Episode provides. It’s on the right side of your Writers Portal as seen in the image below:

Four people entering at once:

@CHAR1 enters from left to screen left in zone 1 AND CHAR2 enters from left to screen center in zone 1 AND CHAR3 enters from left to upscreen right in zone 1 AND CHAR4 enters from left to screen right in zone 1

For four people entering at once:

&CHARACTER enters from left to screen left in zone # AND CHARACTER2 enters from left to upscreen left in zone # AND CHARACTER3 enters from left to upscreen right in zone # AND CHARACTER4 enters from left to screen right in zone #

how do you know what zone numbers?
and thank you!!

No problem. Whatever zone you want your characters in. The most zones there can be is 4.

so if i wanted could i put character one enters from screen left to zone one
character two enters from screen left to zone 2 and so on?

@pan to zone 2
@CHAR2 enters from left to screen center

Moved to Directing Help & Tips as that’s where scripting questions belong! :v:t2:

Closing due to inactivity :slight_smile: