Need help with error on my story

It’s an error that keeps saying expected character or scene change found I don’t know what to do but when I fix it it goes to a different scene.

Can you screenshot your script please?

@KIM is idle_sad

KIM
Bla bla bla…

Remove @ in front of KIM when she’s speaking and add the word is when she’s doing an animation (ex. @CHAR is animation, @LIZZIE is eat_cupcake, etc.)

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

No problem :wink:

Another thing, add speaking animations to her when she’s talking (they can be found in the library located on the right side under the web previewer.) So, you’ll find them in animations by character.

Example:

KIM (animation)
Bla bla bla…

KIM (talk_repulsed)
Cats are stinky.

And when you want a speechbubble to appear that shows them in thought, you’d write:

Example:

KIM
(Bla bla bla…)

KIM (think)
(Toys are for babies.)

Also, remember when you’re doing a looping animation, you’ll need to make her do another animation to stop the actions of the continuous looping animation.

P.S I’d recommend checking out Joseph Evans’ tutorials on YouTube :wink:

Also, check out these cool threads:
Script Symbols/Commands and What They're Used For & 💭 HOW TO: Spot direct Speech Bubble & Spot Directing (Moving Characters Around)

Three of these wonderful people have other amazing, helpful threads dedicated to helping others ^^

And, if you ever have a question when it comes to directing, you can get help here: "Stupid" questions that never get answered? Get The Help Here!

Anyways, good luck! :black_heart:

Ok thank for help

Hello @Episode.mine, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forums! Moved this topic to Directing Helps and Tips since it’s about coding. Closing it since it’s solved. :smiley: Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink: