Need help with few things!

Hey! I need help with these few things!

1. How to use choices inside the if, elif ect. Example: if (chose_green)
    And use choices in that. (ofc with branches ect.) I can’t make them happen… :confused: How could I use them someway?
  2. Use choices inside the choices
    This is kinda similar to the last one and I haven’t tried it so how does it work? Example:
    NARRATOR
    Where should I go?
    choice
    ”I will go to my room”{

NARRATOR
What should I do now?
choice
”read a book”{

}

1. How do you use overlays properly…
    I have read several things about these but I can’t understand. Could someone write how to summon them, move them and rotate them properly? Like I would like to use this one hand overlay but how… I can use the one with EXT - BLABLA… with Overlay
    but I can’t use them with the (@)rotate overlay ect…

2. How do you use the new ”tap on overlay” to do something or choose?
    Is it available for us already?

3. Can you do an animation quickly?
    Idk if this is possible but i know that you can walk/run somewhere slower of faster, but can you do animations like that?
    Or is it just ”thanks to zooms”
    like… example : @SOMEONE is flirt_shy in 0.5 , I know it sounds stupid but other authors just make it look so flawless…

Ask me if you didn’t understand my question! Thanks!

if (chose_gain1){
NARRATOR
What would you like to do?

choice
“Say hi”{
NARRATOR
Sure?

choice
“Yes”{

}“No”{

}}“Say bye”{
NARRATOR
Sure?

choice
“Yes”{

}“No”{

}}} elif (chose_gain2){
NARRATOR
What would you like to do?

choice
“Say hi”{
NARRATOR
Sure?

choice
“Yes”{

}“No”{

}}“Say bye”{
NARRATOR
Sure?

choice
“Yes”{

}“No”{

}}}

^ Example of choice within a choice within an if/elif branch

Overlays have certain commands:

INT. BACKGROUND with ARM to -.- — – in zone 1 at layer 1
&overlay ARM create
&overlay ARM shifts to – --
&overlay ARM scales to – --
&overlay ARM opacity 1
&overlay ARM moves to layer 1
&overlay ARM rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0

I’m not the best person to explain the rotation of an overlay as I usually only use the ‘0.5 0.5’ and trial and error placement, rotation amount e.t.c Though looking at either the official Episode Guides or reading Dara’s directing help thread would help you.

Tappable overlays are in Beta testing and not available for everyone at the moment, so although some stories have them, they are testers.

You can’t do that unfortunately. If its the end of the animation you want, you can either have a duplicate character offscreen that has already done the animation then switch it with the one onscreen at the time you want that certain look, or start by having the camera zoomed off the character so they have already done the animation.

Huge thanks to you for explaining these so well and taking the time to write so long text ! slight_smile:

Hello @Anniihp! This is Sydney the Moderator.

I’ve moved this topic from Creator’s Corner into Directing Helps and Tips since it involves scripting/coding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses:

For numbers 1&2, I would prefer for you to look on the right side of the script maker where it says “script templates” scroll all the way down and click on the one that says “choice-outfits” then fill it in. I suggest watching Joseph Evans on youtube for a more detailed explanation.

Choice outfits? What? I didn’t ask anything about them. And yes I have watched joseph evans videos a lot. I know how to make outfits and code them.

I was talking about using that choice outfits template to create a ‘choice within a choice’ option. Just replace all the text that’s about clothes to your situation that you want the choice within a choice in. Sorry for the confusion!

Ohh okay! Thanks!