Need help with label

I’m trying to make a menu for my story, but whenever I finish customising the characters, it won’t return to the menu. I put goto GAME_LABEL at the end of the customisation (which works with all the other labels), but it just gives a blank screen and the overlays disappear.

The menu:

menu

Customization code:

game menu

What happens after I complete customization:

blank

It’s hard to explain with only pictures, idk if it’s possible to post videos here. If anyone can help, I’d really appreciate it!

Have you already put goto GAME_MENU at the top of all the coding at the begining where the background coding is?

Yeah, the label’s been created. It just doesn’t return to the menu for some reason when I finish customizing. The START and SKIP button return with no problem though.

I’m not sure if this is going to work, but trying spotting the character Lauren off-screen instead of @remove LAUREN. Try adding a pause as well, before going back to the GAME_MENU.

Is your label GAME_MENU before or after all the background and overlay initiation code? I would try moving the label around to see what happens–putting it above and/or below where you set up the GAME_MENU background and initiate all the overlays.

label GAME_MENU #put it here, for example

EXT. BACKGROUND - DAY
&overlay START create
&overlay START opacity 100%
&overlay START moves to layer 1
&overlay START shifts to x y in zone 1
&overlay START scales to 1.000 1.000

&overlay CUSTOMIZE create
&overlay CUSTOMIZE opacity 100%
&overlay CUSTOMIZE moves to layer 2
&overlay CUSTOMIZE shifts to x y in zone 1
&overlay CUSTOMIZE scales to 1.000 1.000

&overlay SKIP create
&overlay SKIP opacity 100%
&overlay SKIP moves to layer 3
&overlay SKIP shifts to x y in zone 1
&overlay SKIP scales to 1.000 1.000

@.transition fade in in 1

label GAME_MENU #instead of here

I hope this helps.

game menu

I’ve checked and all the labels are placed before the overlays. The image above shows the layout of my coding; I followed a tutorial, so I assume it’s correct. I wish I could work out what the problem is :confused:

I notice that the background rainbow is different before and after going to and leaving the customization screen. Did you check that you do a zoom reset whenever you go to the GAME_MENU?

1 Like

That seems to have worked! Thank you so much! <3