Need help with mc last name

How can I make readers type in there last name?

1 Like

This should help!

1 Like

You can go to script templates option in your portal and scroll down to find "Avatar - Name Input
You could use this for two times with different variable for your character’s first name and last name.

If you find it confusing here’s an example:

NARRATOR
So... what's your name?

label first_name_input

input What's Your First Name?|What's Your First Name?|Done(FIRSTNAME)

if (FIRSTNAME is "") {

NARRATOR
You do need a name...

goto first_name_input

} else {
continue
}

Here FIRSTNAME is the variable for the first name of the character

NARRATOR
So... what's your name?

label last_name_input

input What's Your Last Name?|What's Your Last Name?|Done(LASTNAME)

if (LASTNAME is "") {

NARRATOR
You do need a name...

goto last_name_input

} else {
continue
}

Here LASTNAME is the variable for last name of your character
So if you want to use the name, you could use the straight brackets. Here for example
[FIRSTNAME]
[LASTNAME]

Hope this helped! :blush:

2 Likes

what did I do wrong here?

if you want the character to speak you write just

FIRSTNAME (animation)
Bla bla bla

you put it in [ BRACKETS ] only when it is part of what is told like

JOHN
[FIRSTNAME], where are you going?

2 Likes

tysm.

now it’s saying FIRSTNAME is not a CHAR what here is a screenshot.

well if you just changed the display name of your character to the FIRSTNAME than you have to use the name of the character - the one you used for creating him.

1 Like

what did I do wrong here?

probably nothing :slight_smile: The portal is not able to remember choices so it writes this autobot thing. :smiley: - test it in the app if you have it right it should work there.

1 Like

what about the last name part and will it say their first name instead of dori

but this one seems not right:

you are asking for last name - but your input asks for first name and also the “code word” is FIRSTNAME but in the if/ else you talk about LASTNAME

it should look more like this:

NARR
So what is your last name?
input What is your last name? | What is your last name? [LASTNAME]

1 Like

in the app will it say their first name instead of dori? or do I have to write something ells?

if you are in the app and see the input for first name write any name you want for testing better one not identical to the name of the character - and you thant shoudl see this name above the speachbubble in case you have in character creation changed the displayname of DORI to FIRSTNAME

1 Like

Don’t worry
I had the same problem in the portal preview!
If you play it in the app its perfect :grin:

1 Like

I let the the readers cc the char how do I change the eye color back to what the readers choose the eye color for their char? I hope you know what I’m trying to say?

if you let reader CC and want to temporarely change somethig you have 3 possibilities how to do it.

1. create duplicate of the character and use him for the scenes with the changed hair. Or use the duplicate as “safe” of the readers chosen look

@DUPLICATE becomes CHARACTER

1. instead of changes use command previews ans unpreviews

previews changes character features only temporarely they last till command unpreview or maximally till end of the chapter.

1. use any remembering method in CC and if/elif else when you want to change it back- with CC usualy work best point system due to the lables… but the remembering method is most work and usually are used 1) or 2)
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.