Need help with mini game

I’m trying my hand at tappable overlays. I made 5 overlays for readers to put in the right order in a mini game. If a “wrong” option is picked, I have a scenario happen, and then goto label so they can try again. If they pick the “right” option, something else would happen and then the reader would pick the next appropriate overlay, and on until the minigame is complete. I got this error though.
When I watch tappable overlay youtube tutorials, there is the word “tappable” in place of “choice” above the option that’s listed first. Then for the second option and those following, it doesn’t say “tappable” above, and there are outwards facing curly brackets on either side of the overlay choice. So I’m not clear on what I’m doing wrong.

I tried taking the first curly bracket away for each overlay and adding the word “tappable” for the succeeding overlays. This worked until the first option was chosen. Only the first overlay was tappable, I wasn’t able to click on the others. But it did go back to my goto label. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

We’re going to need to see the full script, if possible. Because from the screenshots above it looks like the double “}” could be the issue… but I could be wrong, since I can’t see the rest of it.

I’ll try and get more of the script in the picture.

1 Like

I figured out how to take screenshots of my computer screen lol.
I screenshot what I’ve gotten done of the mini game so far.

Here is the part just before the label whats_wrong

I’ve posted wider screenshots below.

Okay, so which choices are you wanting to be tappable?! Because at line 137 you have a } and then you have another one on line 138, but you don’t need both.
Choices usually follow in this type of style:

*choice *
“Example Option 1” {

Insert any text, overlays, etc here.

}“Example Option 2” {

Insert any text, overlays, etc here.

}

Or for tappables: [This is again just an example, I’ve simply pulled this one from my own story, because it works… and it’s the only example that I had ready to hand.]

*NARRATOR*

Tap the items to collect them!

tappable
“AXEMINE”{

&overlay AXEMINE opacity 0 in 0.5

}“DYN1”{

&overlay DYN1 opacity 0 in 0.5

}“DARTPNG”{

&overlay DARTPNG opacity 0 in 0.5

}“KNIFE”{

&overlay KNIFE opacity 0 in 0.5

}

NARRATOR
There’s three more to collect!

tappable
“AXEMINE”{

&overlay AXEMINE opacity 0 in 0.5

}“DYN1”{

&overlay DYN1 opacity 0 in 0.5

}“DARTPNG”{

&overlay DARTPNG opacity 0 in 0.5

}“KNIFE”{

&overlay KNIFE opacity 0 in 0.5

}

^ Since there’s 4 items listed in the code, this isn’t the entire code… I just copied and pasted the first two sections, but it gives you an idea of how it should be laid out.

I want “a”, “tarde”, “va”, “llegar” and “ella” to be tappable.

I’ll reformat my script to the way you have yours and see if it works :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bare in mind that I formatted mine with the “opacity 0 in 0.5” because I wanted the items to disappear once they were tapped, hence why I added the opacity.

But to set it out as I did, means you need 5 sets of code because you have 5 tappable items.

Anyway, let me know if it works or not… so that I can assist you further if not.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

Aww, you’re welcome! :blush:

1 Like

pretty sure you dont need the extra } only the ones with the words
}
}“VA”{