Need help with my story 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Sooo, I’m kinda struggling right now…? I’m trying to write a story that falls under the drama category but I’m finding it difficult to add in small, interesting details to the plot. Like, I have the layout of the story all planned out and I know how I want it to unfold but it’s just the added, extra stuff that I’m struggling with… :woman_shrugging:

Well, what’s the general idea of your plot?

Basically, the MC (Scarlett) is in an abusive relationship with her boyfriend (Jack) but is too afraid to leave him considering his house is the only place she has to stay at after running away from her abusive dad. She is considered “popular” at school but is very closed off and doesn’t tell anyone what’s going on in her life. Slowly, she starts falling for Jack’s step-brother (Justin). That’s the main plot, I guess? It’s kinda cliche and generic so I’m trying to find some things to incorporate into it to make it unique. I’m open for any suggestions. :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::purple_heart:

its a very good idea

Maybe her abusive dad comes back into the picture.
What if her dad is searching for her trying to get revenge.
That on top of her current relationship drama.
I would recommend avoiding pregnancies and all those tropes.

Ty! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

To you have a cover art and a splash for your story like you can make a splash saying if your in a abusive realtion ship you should tell someone or leave him or her

also you should add some mean girl that try to bring her down or black mail her

Yeah, I’m definitely not trying to create a teenage pregnancy sort of story… and I eventually want her boyfriend to end up in jail, I’m thinking, but I want it to all unfold nicely, not rushed and unrealistic.

and maybe she should be a street fighter

When I think of drama I think of lifetime movies.
Maybe the relationship/friendship can develop slowly between the MC and Justin but the fact that she’s dating his brother throws him off. Thus Justin dating someone else and the MC becoming jealous.
You could incooperate drama between the MC, Justin, and Justin’s love interest.

Farther into the story, Justin and the MC could have a secret affair after the drama is settled. Justin could be one of the figures that helps the MC put her abusice ex in jail.
And the story can progress.
Perhaps the boyfriend could escape jail or something and see that the MC is in a relationship with his brother. BOOM DRAMA

Maybe :woman_shrugging: I’d have to find somewhere in her backstory to incorporate as to why she became a street fighter? Possibly after dealing with abuse she decided she wanted to become stronger so that she could stick up for herself. I might add that in the end, if her abusive boyfriend ends up in jail…? Thx for the great suggestions!

Holy, tysm for the amazing suggestions! I was really at a loss for ideas but you’ve definitely given me a ton of inspiration! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

Sorry if my ideas were bland lol.
I don’t exactly write romance drama stories.
I’m more of an action/comedy writer on episode. Lol

I’m just not sure if her dad should ever end up going to jail because deep down Scarlett can’t muster up the strength to put her own father behind bars, even after everything he’s done to her…? I’m still very much on a black slate in terms of her father… I’m just not sure how I want his part in the story to unfold?? :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

Maybe leave him as that shadowy figure and leave readers curious. Then in later chapters bring him back up.

True, true. I could focus in on her abusive relationship and then as things start to look up for that, her father could come back into the picture, just to keep the drama flowing…? :joy::woman_shrugging:

Yep.
But this time, with the father issue; Justin will be at her side.

I’m not sure if this a good idea or not…? But I was thinking of bringing in a character from her past in future chapters. He would be her best friend from when she was younger and dealing with her fathers abuse. He could possibly move back into town and stir some stuff up? I’m not sure if it’s a good idea though considering I have no idea what role he would end up playing in the overall plot…? :woman_shrugging: