Need help with overlay and coding, I think I did a huge mistake with naming my overlay :((

Hey.

haha so i was so stupid that I called my overlays the same as my characters, will that be a problem?
And what is this?

1 Like

You have to put some sorta dialogue before a choice, or are you trying to do a choice inside a choice?

Yes, I’m trying to do a choice inside a choice.

But did I do something stupid when I named the overlays the same as the characters?

I don’t think it will affect anything.

Can you show me your script, specifically the part above the choice

“If you want to start a fight, you have to shout: Hey Fatty Fatty”

:joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

So here is the hole scene

Remove the bracket on 2140, but add it after the branch

Or you can try putting a pause for a beat! J can’t really say much, can you show me a little below that part?

Still didn’t work :confused:

Are you trying to get the choice inside the tappable overlay, or a choice after a choice?

Both

So the idea is that the reader can tap on the person, read som info about them and then choose which person the want to fight haha. And then again to get their attention they have to say the right sentence to start a fight (the choice is suppose to be timed)

It should look something like this:

tappable
“OVERLAY”{
#stuff here
choice
“Option 1”{
#branch here
}”Option 2”{
#branch here
}”Option 3”{
#branch here
}}
-two brackets bc we have to close the tappable part!-
~and so on if more choices~

ehehe what is a branch haha I have totally forgotten what its is :frowning:
when I look it up, it says it means a branch (like from a tree) + its like 2am here ahaha

Haha! :joy_cat: I’m terrible at explaining things, but the branch is just, like, a certain event/s that happen after a choice
:woman_shrugging:t3:
Maybe you can find a nicer answer here! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

hahah thank you, I’m going to try it out and see if its works

1 Like

I did what Joseph Evans explains in this video, heh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvK0pLSiTIE

But is this right, since it still a part of the tappable ?

Skjermbilde 2020-05-07 02.24.40

You misspelled create

Hi! I don’t know if you still have this problem but you should put someone talking just right before the choice. For example, you could put:

NARRATOR
…
choice

MAE
What do you want to do?
choice

You know?? :blush: