Need help with overlay directing

Hi.

I have some problems with spot directing a overlay and when I get the overlay in position and use “copy” this comes :

@overlay 4787657830891520_PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE shifts to 10 -191 in zone 2
@overlay 4787657830891520_PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay 4787657830891520_PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE moves to layer Max Layer

But the problem is “PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE moves to layer Max Layer”, when I punch save it comes as Error, and it stands “invalid layer max layer for overlay animation”

There isn’t a thing such as “max layer”
Try putting a specific number!

That’s because the option “max layer” doesn’t exits. You have to put an actual number, even 1000 if I’m not wrong. Try this:

@overlay PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE shifts to 10 -191 in zone 2
@overlay PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE scales to 1.000 1.000
@overlay PRISON CAFETERIA TABLE moves to layer 10

Hi! Idk if I can ask this here, as it’s not exactly an answer to the post, but I’m also having a problem with an overlay command.
See, i create an overlay and it says that this is not a valid directing command. Anyone know what’s wrong with the direction?
This is the line:

&overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED create AND overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED opacity 1 in 0 AND overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED scales to 0.421 0.421 in 0 AND and overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED shifts to 226 136 in zone 1 in 0 AND overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED rotates 90 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0 AND overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED to layer -1

1 Like

First of all I suggest to separate commands to have a clearer idea of the script.

&overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED create
&overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED opacity 1
&overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED scales to 0.421 0.421
&overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED shifts to 226 136 in zone 1
&overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED rotates 90 anchor point 0.5 0.5
@overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED to layer -1

I think you got the error because there were both “and AND”. Also you don’t need to put in 0 every time, because it’s in 0 by default.

1 Like

ad the word moves here
overlay SPELLBOOK CLOSED moves to layer 1

1 Like

Adding “in 0” is very necessary because it’s not in 0 by default. If you test this in the app, overlays will shift/scale super quickly and it’s looks a bit glitchy which is why adding “in 0” gets rid of that glitchy look.

This command works with or without the word “moves”

2 Likes

Oh thanks! I swear I re-read it a few times and honestly I couldn’t see the double AND! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the correction!

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

1 Like

It worked, that you, but now I have a new problem.

hvor do I get a character in front of the overlay?

1 Like

You have to move the character to a higher layer. For example if your overlay is at layer 1 your character has to be at layer 2.

I’ve moved the overlay to 4 and the character to 5

1 Like

Then you should be fine☺️

1 Like

thank you so much :heart:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.