Need help with overlay making an overlay for my overlay

I found this picture and I need help making an overlay for the image so that when I put a baby prop in it it will look like it’s inside and not sit on top of it. I would really appreciate the help and you will be credited no worries!

kindpng_6198923

1 Like

Hi I can make it for you! I’ll send it to you tomorrow (it’s quite late in my time zone)

Of course understandable and thanks so much!

1 Like

I’m editing it now. I’ll send it once I’m done.

Here it is. Is this what you meant? If it’s not, tell me how I can change it.
cot overlay edit

I needed the front part of the crib removed so that when a character puts the baby in it won’t look like they are floating.

1 Like

Actually that works to now that I look at it.

1 Like

how would you like to be credited in my story?

1 Like

Just say MatchaTae. Thanks

1 Like

Hey , I was wondering do you have any advice on creating overlays?
I created an overlay of the bar in photoshop, but the overlay is bigger in size than the original picture (original is 3mb the overlay is 11mb) I’ve tried to size it down ( compress it) on different websites and the smallest it gets is 2mb which is still over the limit … what should I do? How to make it work?

1 Like

Hey! I’ve had similar problems before so I can try to help. When that happened to me last time I stuck it through multiple websites until it was was small enough.

But since that didn’t work for you, maybe try to create a copy of the smallest one and compress it again. Sometimes it makes the size larger when you export to a different format (or at least it does on gimp which is what I use) so don’t compress things before exporting to PNG (I’m pretty sure episode only accepts PNGs for overlays)

If you get about 3 or 4 websites, then you compress it in each one and each time save under the same file name (so you don’t get too many files). Then, reload all the websites and do it again (otherwise it won’t compress very much more.) and it should work.

If the overlay is relatively simple sometimes you can try making it again but that’s effort and it doesn’t always work so I don’t recommend it.

I hope that helps and if it doesn’t, sorry.

1 Like

Thank you i will try to do as you say , hopefully it works!

1 Like