Need Help With People Sitting at a Dinner Table

Hi, I want to have four people sit together and eat dinner together. I have been using this background–
INT. GRAND DINING TABLE4 - DAY–but no matter how much I play around with zoom or focus, I can’t get it to show all four places at the table. Help?

post your script and the preview of the background with the characters

Here’s what I have thus far. I haven’t put in the two other characters, because I can’t manage to get all chairs to show.

INT. GRAND DINING TABLE4 - DAY

@cut to zone 2
@SYLVIA spot 1.280 78 0 in zone 2
@SYLVIA moves to layer 1
@FATHER spot 1.280 226 21 in zone 2
@FATHER moves to layer 2
@SYLVIA is idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop AND FATHER is idle_sit_neutral_loop

The reason you probably haven’t got all the chairs to show is because they are all indifferent zones.
:sparkles:You should seat everyone in the chairs.
:sparkles:When each person is talking you should zoom onto them e.g.

@cut to zone 2
@SYLVIA spot 1.280 78 0 in zone 2 at layer 2
@FATHER spot 1.280 226 21 in zone 2 at layer 2
@SYLVIA is
idle_sit_anklescrossed_neutral_loop AND FATHER is idle_sit_neutral_loop.
@zoom(onto the father)
*** FATHER (ANIMATION)***
Blah blah blah
*** @zoom(onto Sylvia)***
*** SYLVIA (ANIMATION)***
Blah blah blah

:sparkles:You can then pan to another zone where the other two characters are and zoom on them when they talk etc.
:sparkles:If you don’t want to keep on zooming, since there are two chairs in each zone you can zoom onto both the Father and Sylvia instead of switching from each of them
:sparkles:@zoom(onto the father) means to put @zoom(where the father is seated). If you don’t know how to zoom, @Dara.Amarie has some guides on her website
:sparkles:The bits in bold are the bits I have added in.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.