Need Help with script please!

Hi guys, I am trying to play my story so far but for some reason there is an X by the top line in the script I’ve attached. Can someone advice me where i’m going wrong please?

X @ROSIE changes into ROSIE_school
@ROSIE enters from right to back far right AND ROSIE faces left
@HUNTER changes into HUNTER_school
@HUNTER enters from left to back far left AND HUNTER faces right

@ROSIE changes into ROSIE_school
@ROSIE enters from right to upscreen right AND ROSIE faces left
@HUNTER changes into HUNTER_school
@HUNTER enters from left to upscreen left AND HUNTER faces right

Can you post a screenshot of your script?

I’ve manage to solve it now (not sure how mind, just refreshed and it worked haha)

But do you know how to start a scene where 2 characters are sat on sofas in INT. PENTHOUSE facing each other and having a conversation sat down?

1 Like

Hello @Alys_Key, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forums. :smiley: Moving this to Directing Helps and Tips since it’s about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

I have tried the forums but it’s not making any sense to me tbh ;/
Could someone show me a vid with staging codes etc that shows how to get characters to be sat down when a scene starts, facing each other and not over lapping?

joseph evans has some on his youtube channel :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve watched his a lot :slight_smile: but still not working for me unfortunately.
Same with choices video, I am doing it like it shows in his script but it won’t work on mine :confused:

i cant try help if you want … :slight_smile:

This is what i’m being faced with, I don’t understand where i’m going wrong, it’s the same way he does it in the video tutorial.

it says HUNTER befpre the choice maybe try getting out the hunter as it has no scropt below… try that

Still has an error. So confusing, i’m doing it like the video so don’t know why it’s not working for me. I’ve tried name in and out, moving the ‘‘SPEECH’’ choices further in and closer to margin, not getting anywhere :frowning:

Remove lines 202 and 205 so that the format is:

CHARACTER
Dialogue.

choice
“Option Name” {

Nope, still won’t have it! :stuck_out_tongue: This is so stressful lol

What does your script look like now?

i’m not sure then sorry ://

Could someone show me a screen shot of theirs so I can see where i’m going wrong please? I am trying to follow the directions but clearly not understanding :confused:

I need to see a CORRECT screen shot so I can see where i’m going wrong. Joseph vids are good but clearly i’ve misunderstood something haha

A simple choice is this

CHARACTER
Dialogue.

choice
“Option 1” {

} “Option 2” {

}

I’ve got an red box X next to the 1st option choice line ‘‘That you want to take me right here right now’’

Post a screenshot of your script