Need help with the start of my story!

Hello! I currently started a new story (at least tried, hahah) but I don’t really know how to start it without it getting boring. I already have the plot and all but I just don’t know how to start. I want to have an interesting first chapter to keep my readers hooked. Does anyone have an idea ?
I also want to introduce the characters, but don’t want to many narrators.

4 Likes

What is your story about, i’d suggest starting with something shocking, that makes readers question what’s going to happen. It depends what you’re writing about because a love story and zombie apocalypse can have totally different beginnigns and both be catching.

1 Like

I’m writing like a fantasy story

Like a werewolf/vampire kind or magical school? YOu can input a future scene int othe beginning but ony a bit, for example if your characetrs are faced with grave danger and they feel like giving up, but ultimately don’t and find a way to save the world, just add the part where they’re giving up, that makes the readers think about hwat happened and why is it so serious that they feel/ are giving up.

Yes. I already have that, but I don’t know what to do next.

Do you want to PM about this, I’d need to know a bit more about the plot to really help you :))

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley: