Need help with walking command

I will explain how I would like to do it. I want Jericho to walk through the zones until he reaches George, but when he walks the camera doesn't move, I also put the @pan to zone 1 but it didn't move. I'm also trying to get george to move to the side of jericho but with the commands he doesn't move...Here I have the script to tell me where I failed :( 

another doubt. Could someone explain me what is the & in the characters for?

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

JERICHO (talk_explain_neutral)
I’m late for class.
@zoom on 375 238 to 169% in 2
@pan to zone 1

@JERICHO walks to spot 1.217 292 -13 in zone 1 in 3 AND JERICHO does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop
@JERICHO spot 1.217 292 -13 in zone 1 at layer 4 AND JERICHO is talk_armsraised_neutral

JERICHO (talk_armsraised_neutral)
See you when you get back from class, Dad.

@JERICHO is kiss_cheek_give AND GEORGE is kiss_cheek_receive
@GEORGE walks to spot 1.404 276 -46 in zone 1 AND GEORGE does it does it while idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
&JERICHO walks to spot spot 1.217 94 -22 in zone 1

Thank you everyone!

1 Like

I think, you have to put @JERICHO walks to screen center in zone 2 AND JERICHO is walk_netural_loop

If it is a loopbackground it will show her continous walking if not she will stop in the zone

Hope that makes sense

JERICHO (talk_explain_neutral)
I’m late for class.

&zoom on 375 238 to 169% in 2
&pan to zone 1 in 2

@JERICHO walks to spot 1.217 292 -13 in zone 1 in 3 AND JERICHO does it while walk_talk_neutral_loop THEN JERICHO is talk_armsraised_neutral

JERICHO (talk_armsraised_neutral)
See you when you get back from class, Dad.

@JERICHO is kiss_cheek_give AND GEORGE is kiss_cheek_receive

&JERICHO walks to spot spot 1.217 94 -22 in zone 1
@GEORGE walks to spot 1.404 276 -46 in zone 1 AND GEORGE does it while idle_armscrossed_neutral_loop
1 Like

Not sure where you got that info from but you’re wrong. You can. You can check out Dara Amarie’s tutorials.

1 Like

Wrong. Whether you use a looping background or a static one, the movement direction doesn’t change a thing.

How it works is, that when using a static background, you make the character move around. When you use a looping background, you don’t have to make the character move around, because just them doing the walking animation suffices.

As for @luasilence ,
You don’t know what the & does, but you do use it in your code? That’s a bit strange. Anyways, ‘&’ is the same as ‘@’ except, you use it when you want multiple commands to happen at the same time.

By example:
@BRO walks to spot
@BRO starts run
BRO will first go to a spot, then do the run animation.

&BRO walks to spot
@BRO starts run
BRO will first go to a spot while doing the run animation, both lines of code happen simultaneously.

If you’re looking for the basics of coding in the Writing Portal, I suggest you visit @Dara.Amarie 's beautiful website!

1 Like

Thank you for telling me, I’m not an expert!

1 Like

THANK YOUUUUU IT HELPED TO ME A LOT :sob:

2 Likes

I saw it in some tutorials but I didn’t know the difference between them, I used it to see what difference it made, now I understand that there was none because I wasn’t using it correctly. Thank you!

Ah okay, I see. You’re welcome!

You’re welcome, now you know. And remember, practice makes perfect.

1 Like

Exactly!

Thank you so much :grin:

1 Like