Need some Advice: Main Character Edition

So I’m in the beginning processes of my fantasy story and I’m a little conflicted. I’m stuck on how to write my MC. I don’t want her to seem too boring or too perfect. I’d really like some advice on his to write characters. If you’d like me to elaborate on the plot of my story, you can just ask me down below.

1 Like

From what I understand you want a well-rounded character that has flaws and strengths and purpose? I find that the best way to achieve this is to get into the “mind” of your characters. Not just the broad strokes of their personality but what makes them who they are— giving them a past, nicknames, a physical description. Basically, I write out a ‘character sheet’ until the character feels like a real person.

So, I linked my very long character sheet. Obvi you don’t need to answer every question, but I hope they’ll help you delve into your character. :smiley:

edit: this link is just helpful websites and programs that may help you while you’re writing. I especially like the wordhippo website because using the same descriptive words over and over lessen their effect and/or when characters are supposed to be older and talk like “wHaT uP, bRo” --Professor of Emetology. It helps with finding more “sophisticated” words for common ones. lol Helpful Resources for Writers

6 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner categories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley: