Need some tips on how to make a good trailer

Yeah, you guessed it! :grin: I’m thinking of making a trailer for my current episode story.
But, as far as I think, I need to code some scenes which I’ll need to show in my trailer.
I’m really confused about how I should start and end my story trailer.
Is there anyone who can share some tips with me? It’s my first time I’m making a trailer amd I suck at this already… :tired_face:

3 Likes

try watching a few movie or tv trailers on YouTube and take note of how they show things for whatever genre your story fits.

example: an action movie shows little snippets of the characters, and then a big explosion or gunfight then a little more flashes of different scenes and end with the title–

or a drama tv show will get a little more of the characters relationships/personalities then snippets involving the mystery or the ‘big secret’ then end with the title.

Mobizen Screen Recorder is a really good screen recorder for Android. it has basic clip editing and isn’t expensive to do the “pro” version.

1 Like

But…without the pro version, will it still have features that can be used by free users? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, without the pro it still works. I was just commenting that the pro version is not at all expensive the way others are ( If I remember correctly, it’s like $5 every 3 months? which compared to the pro version of others that cost upward of 10+ each month).

1 Like

Ahh i see…thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::purple_heart:

1 Like

I don’t have much tips, but I can give some advice as I come across some interesting ones often on IG!
Hope this helps out :))

Invest your readers!!

Of course, share snippets (no spoilers though) about the most interesting sections/hooks of the story plot. This would most likely reel in readers, as they would be interested in reading on to learn more about it! Please don’t overcliche (meaning have an excessive use of cliches such as stereotypical characters/plot twists), or make the trailer too boring either as that would just make others click off (it would nice if you could use them as humor purposes though, haha). :sweat_smile:

Find inspiration from other trailers, but do not plagiarize/copy their concepts.

If you’re really stuck on making a trailer and have no idea on how you would like the trailer to flow, then you can get inspired from existing trailers that have similar ideas/concepts to the one you planned out for your story! It would really help you out so you know a good generalization about where to begin, and how it can help you spice up your own! But please, do not copy off of or make your trailer exactly the same, since that is considerably plagiarism. In addition, it would also unattract your possible readers as they might see it as a copycat/ripoff and just click off which would not be a good sign… </3

Good luck!! Please tag me once your story is released, so I can check it out!!

1 Like

Thank youu so much for the tips! And of course, I’ll gladly tag you when I post my story trailer…and btw…my story is already out haha :sweat_smile:
I’m making the trailer bcz if it gives the chance to attract more readers :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yup!! It can also boost your story’s popularity :DD

(What’s your story’s name?)

1 Like

thanks for asking that question! I had the same questions myself

1 Like

You can use kimcy screen recorder best one

1 Like

Okayyy! I’ll try that!! Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It’s for the SWY contest…
SWY: Closer Than Two Magnets :blush: