Need story ideas? Check This Out! (Updated!)

Hey guys! Penny here.
I know how hard it is to come up with inspiration for a story, which is why I’ve decided to create this thread! Feel free to add your own writing prompts below, or you can request a genre, and I’ll try to find a good prompt for you.
ROMANCE
“You are a professional police officer who has been assigned to the same jewlery store robberies 13 times.
You eventually realize that the first three times there were actula robberies, and the next ten were a ruse by the owner so he could see you again. How romantic! But illegal…
But romantic!”
“In an alternate universe, whenever your soulmate writes anything on their arm, it shows up on yours as well.” (For this one it would be cool if they wrote important places to be, and the other person tries to track them down, but that may be just me !!:wink:
“In an alternate universe, everyone is born with a unique tattoo. When you fall in love with someone, their tattoo shows up on your body as well.”
HORROR
"Person A enters the library, looking around for the perfect biography for their school project on the shelves. The stumble into a section of the library they’ve never seen before, with only one book on the shelves. The book is titled, A Murder. Intrigued, Person A reads the book. Coincidentally, the MC has the same name as they do. And the main characters story seems quite similar to Person As life. Finally, on the last page on the book it says, “A killers shadow haunts (Person A).”
“Person A wakes up in an abandoned prison with dead bodies littering the floor. There is no escape.”
“You awake in a dark room, with a recording playing inside your ear. ‘One of the people in this room is desperate to kill you. The other two will do anything to save you.’ The lights turn on and there you see your two best friends and your crush.”
ACTION
“After you’re wrongfully accused of murder, you’re on the run from the police. You meet up with you’re old childhood friend after you haven’t seen them in seven years. Lucky for you, you’re bud happens to be a detective. Can he help you find out who the murderer really is?”
“You walk down the street one day and see a little boy selling newspapers. Since you have nothing else to do, you buy one. You look at it, and realize that the newspaper is dated for the next week, and you realize that the world is coming to an end. And you may be the only one who can stop it.”
“After going on one of the best dates of your entire life, you decide to meet up with Person B again. Although this time the date is rudely interrupted when a news reporter announces something terrorizing the city. You announce you must leave, and so does person B. You later discover person B is a villain. And you are the Superhero who must defeat them.”
DRAMA
“You scroll through your email one day when you come across a email from an address you don’t know. The person claims to be a Nigerian Prince asking for money for some random thing. Out of pity, you give him 75 dollars. A few weeks later, this prince shows up at your door, and agrees to do you one favor in exchange for you kindness.”
FANTASY
“When on a family outing, two young girls accidentally capture a fairy instead of a firefly.”
MISC
“Some people, when they die, are lucky enough to , instead of being sent to heaven or hell, get to be a childs imaginary friend. When you die, you are your crush’s little sisters imaginary friend. You must get her to convince him that you’re okay…but not really.”

This will be updated if I find more prompts. Have a good day!

this is a copy of my old thread that was archived

3 Likes

Hey! Your ideas are AMAZING, and I just have some things to ask/say: Can you make me one for Drama? And, if we use these, do we give credit?

1 Like

No need to give credit! And sure! I could probably find one for ya! :wink:

1 Like

Thak you so much!

No problem!

1 Like

I remember seeing this ages ago, may have even been on the old forums, and somebody was going to write it (not sure if it was you @Penny2 ). I seriously want to read this story, can someone make it, please?!

I know someone who can try that. Her name is @Canadian. I’ll talk to her.

1 Like

It may have been on my old thread. If @Canadian cannot write it, I may be able to write it.

1 Like

It just sounds so interesting. I’d totally take it if I didn’t already start so many of my own stories, lol

1 Like

lol

1 Like

@EdwardNorton I think I may have a few ideas…

• MC has been in solitary confinement for 2 years and hasn’t experienced any human contact, not even letters, at least until she starts receiving mysterious notes under her door. (This one only requires two characters!)

• Francisco’s just a lonely college guy swiping through Tinder when he finds his favorite actress, Geena Davis, has liked him back. But when they meet up, he realizes they have no connection. Rather, it’s her assistant who catches his eye.

• When Alexandra and Amber’s yearlong secret relationship is discovered, they’re expelled from their all-girls high school and forced to attend separate public schools. How to they keep their love alive under the watchful eyes of their judgmental community?

• The Smithsonian Slasher has caused panic throughout DC. With a new victim every other day within 500 feet of one of the museums, he must have a motive and a method, but how are the police to find him when he has destroyed all of the cameras and keeps escaping?

• A shoplifting dare turns into a case of mistaken identity, and next thing she knows, college junior Beatrice is on trial for murder.

ALL OF THE NAMES CAN BE CHANGED!!

Moved to Share Feedback since these are story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

bump!

I have a title but no plot! Haha! WEIRD I know

TITLE: Driving Home For Christmas!

1 Like

Hmmmm…Maybe someone is trying to drive home but keep encountering difficulties? (running out of gas, car breaking down, trains getting cancelled, etc.)

1 Like

thank you :smile:

Driving home for Christmas
I take look at the driver next to me
He’s just the same
Follow Kayla on her way home

How can I improve this?
@Penny2

I don’t have an idea

Genre:

Adventure (I changed it)

1 Like

“After you’re wrongfully accused of murder, you’re on the run from the police. You meet up with you’re old childhood friend after you haven’t seen them in seven years. Lucky for you, you’re bud happens to be a detective. Can he help you find out who the murderer really is?”
Does this sound good?

1 Like

It’s ok

1 Like