Need tips on placing speech bubbles in a tappable mini-game

Hello dear Episodians,
I always struggle with placing my speech bubbles correctly in a tappable mini-game. Since we can pan around the screen, it largely depends on where you’ve stopped. Is there any rule of thumb or tricks/tips where to place them? Thank you. :blush:

1 Like

usally I just don’t have any, put a @pause for 0.1 before the tappable

and it will be gone, they are usally in the way so best option in my opinion

1 Like

I would be able to answer mor clearly if you will have an example…

I never had ny problem with speachbubble and tappables so I am not realy sure what you mean. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

What I meant is- I set the speechbubble for a certain co-ordinates, but we can’t make sure to stop on the same co-ordinates every time nor the readers can do that. In that case, my speechbubble gets misplaced.

So it is about speach bubble AFTER the minigame ends?

1 Like

No, it’s inside the minigame. I don’t know how to explain further. Let me just attach a screenshot of what I do.

I didn’t really get what you meant.

that’s why wanted the example. :grinning:

I am bit confused because:

• you have a tappable minigame - but it is not pannable based on your code - so the scene will not move
  • also your code for the choice IS after the tappable ends (based on your brackets) - or you have there one extra bracket under the word “NECKLACE”

Assumming it should be pannable minigame and the dialogue about if you want to take the necklace with you will be inside the brackets of “NECKLACE” choice:

The easiest way is having a simple choice without the character talking. :slight_smile:

But I guess that is not what you want. :smiley:
So in that case you can and pan/zoom/ cut - what ever fits best so that after the tapp the camera returns where you want it to be.

I in my pannable minigame let reader tap on something added zoom and character walking close to that thing - so after reader taps no matter where the camera was it will be always on the same place when my character talks.

1 Like

Actually I put the tapple [pan:1:3] at the very beginning. I guess we have to put it before each one?

it depends if it should be several options within ONE tappable/panable choice or if you have several independent tappable/panable choices

• if its several options in ONE choice it will look like this:

tappable [pan:1:3]
“ONE”{
}“TWO”{
}THREE"{
}

• If this should be 3 separated choices then it will look like this:

“ONE”{
}

“TWO”{
}

THREE"{
}

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help. :blush: I was wondering if it’s okay to cut to a specific zone while using this tappable and pan commands.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.