Need your opinion on zooms!

I’m working with a partner and she doesn’t like the gap on top of the character’s head when I try to fit them in the tablet guidebox, but I want to make it suitable for tablet users, and I just like the look better. If that makes sense, what’s your opinion?

Just tell your partner it needs to be like that for those who are using tablets

2 Likes

I agree with you. I mean wouldn’t YOU or your partner want to be able to read your story showing their head completely? Besides I don’t think your reader will be focusing on the gap much rather then the actual story, don’t you think? :thinking:

1 Like

I did, she think there are way more phone users than tablet ones.

I think he/she should be more considerate of the tablet users tbh :joy:

1 Like

Well it it is a speechbubble or tappable overlay then fitting it in the box is important since I have had to deal with those issues when reading. But some tablets are give and take. My tablet fits quite with what I code.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: tell her if there were way more phone users episode wouldnt have that guide box for them

3 Likes

periodt :joy:

1 Like

I always have the guide box on when directing. And I make sure any scenes, especially with tappable overlays, fit inside the box, out of consideration for tablet users. It doesn’t matter how many or how few there are, you don’t want that one tablet reader trying out your story and leaving because they can’t see anything.

I think you should explain this to your partner. The gap may not be aesthetically pleasing, but it’s better than not caring about others and their reading experience whatsoever.

2 Likes

Same & I agree (:

I will admit, I didn’t even know about the guide box until a few weeks ago :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly, I read a story where I couldn’t get into the next scene because there was a tappable overlay and I couldn’t continue because it was so far down. You will get way more readers if you accompany to tablet users, even if we are a minority of users we are still users who might want to read a story but can’t.

2 Likes

Yep!! I don’t like how the screen gets crowded sometimes, so especially in my CC it takes a while of moving and resizing, but I’d rather spend extra time doing that than just ignoring the fact that some people won’t be able to see anything.

@M_H_C_Episode i didn’t know about it until like a year ago! I had no idea what it was actually for haha but once I learned I started using it a lot. I edited a lot of my stories and didn’t realize just how much was off screen. I felt sooooo bad 🥲

2 Likes

I must say, idk how I managed to go months of practicing coding without knowing about that guide box :woman_facepalming: :woman_shrugging: :joy:

2 Likes

Ok, she finally gave in, thank you for your comments.