Need your opinion pls reply

Heyyyy babes x
So I’m writing a story about a group of uni student and a serial killer on the run. What do you guys think about content in sense of murder and brutality because everyone reading the episode should be over 13 I guess and so I do think that murder and dead bodies may not be much of a concern to some. And of course I will display my warnings and make sure to give you an option to skip gruesome details that are important towards the case and story. Just need opinions on if people would be willing to read a crime investigation story ??? And if so pls jots some ideas or plots you may want to implement into my story to make it even enjoyable or thrilling???

Thank youuuuu xx

9 Likes

I’m perfectly fine with that. I remember that at my middle school, I had read some disturbing books (that were provided by the school and library), It should be fine as long as you provide warnings for mature content, swearing, blood, and flashes. :+1:

1 Like

You can give a choice to the reader to skip gory scenes or gory descriptions.

2 Likes

I would love to read this! I think if you offer chances to skip this stuff, then it’s totally fine.

1 Like

That doesnt really answer the question though…:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I think if you put a warning it’ll be totally fine. Like graphic things don’t really bother me, but they might bother other people. So just remember to put the warning

1 Like

Definitely would read it. If you include warnings and don’t put too much blood per Episode’s guidelines, then it shouldn’t be a problem for any reader in my opinion.
Getting to really know the character that plays the serial killer is important. Knowing how this killer attracts, kills and the reason behind their crimes will help push the story along and keep it consistent. Also, think about if this killer has a pattern (target), do they kill only females, males, teens, children, bad guys e.g. murderers, kidnappers, and so on. Perhaps researching an actual serial killer and basing your character off of them could help with that even more.

Foreshadowing could very well help with naturally introducing the killer without the readers realizing it.
I’m guessing there will be clues that the reader (aka uni students) finds that will bring them closer to figuring out who the killer is. maybe add a few clues that don’t point towards the serial killer to throw the reader off track.
example: The serial killer was a father to be until his wife got murdered and his unborn child didn’t survive since the pregnancy was still in the early stages. Therefore one of the clues the uni students could find is a stuffed little toy that fell out of the killer’s pocket. The students would then cross out the killer as a suspect because his wife hadn’t begun showing a big enough bump yet, therefore no one knew she was pregnant. Thus even making the suspicious readers second guess if this person is the serial killer. This example also gives the serial killer a motive.

Another clue further down the line could include one of the uni students getting injured really bad and ending up in hospital that includes vital dialogue that points to the killer.
example:
Uni student: “this is bad isn’t it?”
Nurse: “I’ve seen worse kid, Mr. (killer’s last name) lost everything last year.”
Uni student: “I heard his wife got murdered, did they ever find the killer?”
Nurse: “They didn’t, it’s a shame his wife and baby won’t get the justice they deserve.”

This tells the reader he had a child and is back on the suspect list, yet it’s so subtle that many could overlook it.

everything above is just some ideas :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about your story idea. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like

I would read it I like showing crime shows and I also have read a few investigation stories.

1 Like

I’ve read stories like this so yea I would read it

2 Likes

That sounds really good. I would read it! <3

1 Like

Thank you for your response and yh I will put in warnings and skip choices. But yh I really appreciate ur response xxx

1 Like

Thanks xx
If u have any suggestions or implements pls do add them even if it’s just bullet points :pleading_face::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you xxx
any ideas to make it better or any faults u saw in previous stories that you would like to suggest it may help me prevent repeating stories :heart:

Any suggestions I would like to give that true crime feel xx
Or something that will make the reader feel in suspense :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I think the key thing to a good mystery is good plot twists that you never see coming and keep it engaging but also don’t rush anything and I think add customization as well.

2 Likes

Do u like cc ???

1 Like

As long as you put warnings at the start of every episode and skips on anything to graphic (Descriptions on the murder, images of the murder victims) Then it should be fine I would definitely read.

1 Like

Then what would you recommend :joy:

Wow I love it and yh I will be introducing the serial killer in a way of surprising event etc. And yh I love the ide of a backstory and maybe I should make the reader almost feel empathetic for the serial killer. Idk :joy::joy: but I loved your ideas and it really did help me think more about my character thanks b xxx

2 Likes