Need Your Opinion!

Hi guys, This is literally my first topic/post here on the forums and I’d like you to share with me your opinion. I’m Cyril from Nigeria and I’m quite new to how things are done here. Fast forward to my question… I noticed everyone here / on the app have a commissioned story cover for their story. Its actually a nice thing but I live in Nigeria, where we have a very high dollar rate. I’ve tried contacting some artists and their prices were way too expensive for me. Example; $35 for a cover art equals 15000 Nigerian naira which is half minimum wage in my country and I wouldn’t want to spend that amount on an art for a story that doesn’t pay me.
So, I wanna ask if commissioning an art affects the the story reads or not.
Thanks for reading!

• Yes, story covers don’t matter to me
  • No, I prefer a commissioned cover art.

0 voters

5 Likes

Also if any of you can link me to other Nigerians on the app, I’d be so grateful. Thanks

3 Likes

There are lot of shop who can make covers in free

2 Likes

Hey I make free cover :hugs:

1 Like

There are a lot of artists on the forums who do free, edited covers :slight_smile:
Some of them are really beautiful!

I definitely won’t skip over a story just because of the cover. If it has a well-written, intriguing description, I’m in.

3 Likes

Check out my art shop

2 Likes

I do drawn covers for free. You can request me on anyone of these two artshops. :blush::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Galaxy Star :sparkles: :ringer_planet: Art Shop

Creative Dream Art Shop

2 Likes

I’m not really sure which way I want to vote, because you don’t HAVE to have a commissioned cover to get attention to your story. But I do think a good cover is crucial, even if it’s edited.

There’s lots of art shops on the forums that do edited work, and some do drawn work for free. You can either search something along the lines of “art shops”, “free” “open” etc in the search bar, or you can check out this thread here, as there are lots of art shops listed in one easy to access place :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Im sure most of the people do look at the cover first. Since it’s an actual front page of your book where the reader decides to press to read the description or not. A commission isn’t necessary, good edit is eye catching enough so 100% it can be free

1 Like

Not to mention a good semi realistic or other styles can be around 25-40$

2 Likes

Hey, I think the quality is what is most important. it doesn’t have to be a drawn masterpiece, to me I think that as long as it looks good and puts across what you want it to. Commissioned art is not everything. If you have an original story and great episodes, I am sure your story will do amazing… What is your story called btw because I would love to give it a read (If it’s published)? I hope you are having a good day/morning/afternoon/evening

2 Likes

As many other users have said, I think an eye-catching, quality cover is what’s important. And that quality doesn’t necessarily come from spending money to have someone draw it. I personally prefer clean, edited covers so that everything looks consistent with the app’s style. Definitely do check out some of free art threads in the Art Resources section!

1 Like

Thank you so much, the story isn’t published as of the moment.