Needing a gory art scene for story

Im needing someone up for a challenge! The art scene Im needing is of one of my characters holding her throat and blood running down her dress from her throat because shes just had her throat slit. With a the look of fear on her face as well. If your up for the challenge ill give you all the details of the background and the character!

1 Like

I think that’s too gory for episode, there are certain rules when showing certain things.

yeah you can’t have that one of my covers had something like that and it got rejected it needs to be suitable for 13+

I dont plan on showing her actual throat being cut i was just saying that so whoever makes it would know why she is holding her throat

1 Like

What if i just have the character holding her throat and then blood on her dress?

1 Like

You can’t show that either, i would bring it up in the guides, but for some reason its not loading it

i guess if you just had the dress part might be okay but probably wont be able to show above the neck :slight_smile:

You’re not even supposed to show any sort of injury on camera, you cannot vividly describe it either…

1 Like

so how do you suggest i do this then? lol

You may want to check out the content guidelines to make sure its okay

You can imply that there was an injury/accident, you just can’t vividly show it or describe it is what I remember.

Again, the content guides on my computer are not showing up, so I’m just telling you what I remember.

References to Assault, Violence & Torture:

• No graphic / explicit / detailed descriptions of rape / assault / violence / gore / etc.
  • Authors can give general descriptions or broad strokes, but not details.
    • Ex: they can say a rape / murder / assault happened, but cannot describe the details, injuries or physical sensations.
    • Physical or sexual abuse can referenced provided the representation is respectful, contextually appropriate and doesn’t glorify being a victim / survivor.
  • Torture cannot be depicted on screen. References to torture, and evidence of torture are allowed, but cannot be explicit or gratuitous.

This is what it says so I guess Im not sure how I should go about showing this then…

1 Like

Yeah its quite hard to do it im struggling big time with my thriller because of the guidelines

You would think since i have an explicit warning at the beginning i would get a little more wiggle room but i dont want my story to get taken down

1 Like

You can give general descriptions or broad strokes, just not details. You can maybe say:
She was bleeding a lot. etc… broad strokes like that…

yeah i dont think they care about warnings, im sure you will sort it out

1 Like

You might want to ask a professional about this. When I was questioning something I was writing, I submitted a ticket (I don’t have the link for that though) and the person answered my questions.

1 Like

I advise for you to watch other thriller stories to find out what they did when they had gory scenes. Maybe you’ll figure it out that way

1 Like