Needing some advice

If flashback would it be long that it would be a whole episode?

1 Like

The flashback, maybe, would take ten lines of dialog. Not that long. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I see.
I think I would prefer flashback then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally like short flashbacks in that kind of scenario because they tend to help build up tension!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’d love a flashback at the start of every few episodes, because the character is really defined with them.

Thank you

2 Likes

I LOVE the tension in this story, it will need to be built!

Thanks <3

2 Likes

Let me know if you need anything else, I’ll help you if I can. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, again.

And expect things soon! I need help whenever I change scenes. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

so personally I hate recaps espically when the are forced and in chapter 2 and 3. those are usally read togheter so no need for them.

1 Like

I agree. I never read the first few recaps.

1 Like

From what you’ve described, I think a flashback would be a fantastic way to start the second episode! :heart: I know some people in the writing world don’t like them, but they’re a lot better than plain narration, and on Episode especially can really help lay the pieces down in a not super forced way I think?

1 Like

I’m hoping a flashback works, but if not I’ll figure it out.

I write on and off not on episode, too, so figuring things out from a characters POV is my strong suit.

1 Like

I like the flashback and then once that is over start the episode with the last sentance in that ending scene

1 Like

I really like that idea. It fits the story and plan for that episode well.

1 Like

Thanks for @ me! As many have said, I would also prefer if you started it with a flashback, as long as you make it short in order to build up tension. 10 lines of dialogue like you said seem good, imo.
Use it well, tho, because a flashback can have a lot of impact in the plot and make it more interesting for the reader to find out more about the characters :grin:

1 Like

I think a flashback works out really good for the type of cliffhangers!)
Although, something I really like to do in my WIPs is to start the next episode with a scene after the news which shows the character did after discovering something :thinking:

1 Like

I’m working on doing the flashback now.

I’ve been busy these past few days (they’re the only days I work.)

Whenever I see a flashback done wrong in a story I like, it just ruins the vibe… Completely. So, I’ll see how it goes, but if it works it works, and vise versa.

Thanks for responding! your advice will surely be taken into consideration! :heart:

(Oh, BTW, my kitten was attacking my hand writing this, just for special luck)

2 Likes

Moved to Share Feedback since this is about story ideas. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.