Needs some brutal and honest feedbacks on my first edit

Hey janiah here,

So I been doing edits for a week now

I took about a week to actually do this cause I was trying to process on using ibis paint X and getting it perfect and trying out new technics along the way

Here it is and I would love if you could leave some feedbacks on how I could emend and enhance in this

Thank you

~Love Janiah :rose:

4 Likes

It’s really great but I’m just not loving the hair texture. use some wavy lines? I’m not an artist but that’s the only thing I don’t like.

The eyes look stunning though :smile:

1 Like

This is really nice. I also just downloaded ibis pint X on my phone but I don’t know what to do with some of the tools :joy:

1 Like

Which pen/ brush did you use for the outline?

1 Like

Oh ok thank you and I fixed :rose:

1 Like

I use dip pen

My bestfriend told me to use it and she has been using it for a year now and she’s very talented :rose:

2 Likes

Your outline is good, the lines aren’t all shaky which is great.
I agree about the hair, there needs to be some texturing. Try adding the texture by using a just slightly lighter colour and a brush that gives the texture of hair (Oil (hair), Round Brush (Real) or you could use dip pen (Hard)).
The eyelashes are a little bit too thick and point too straight upwards. They need to be thinner and veer off to the sides with a faded ending.
I would add a little bit of shading around the eyes but that’s a personal preference.

But to be honest, I think it looks great. Take your time to find your perfect drawing style and you’ll be an amazing editor :+1:

1 Like

Moved to Art Resources since it’s about art work. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to ask me if there are any questions. :wink:

Thank you for the tips :rose:

1 Like