Negativity and Passive Agression in the Community

Hold on Adam. You were a part of that drama. Don’t go blaming other people.

4 Likes

its hidden.

And I don’t want start more drama by sharing.

If you’re interested you can message me privately. But I won’t share in the thread.

1 Like

Not that

3 Likes

I was talking about art group stuff, @epsd.ama. And even if I was involved, it was too much. So I left. :man_shrugging: don’t get mad at me.

-comes and has drama on a thread against drama, lolololol sorry guys-

4 Likes

But they can edit it tho.
Arg, stealing people’s work is the worst.
Like they put so much effort and time for nothing.
And prouve that you’re the real artist is not that easy.

6 Likes

Sorry @Zaddy Zad but I think
The people making these kinds of threads are only adding to the drama. If you haven’t noticed, drama has died down here but these threads just bring it back

4 Likes

Sorry you feel that way.

However, the drama has nothing to do with groups anymore. It’s been pretty bad lately.

I stand by my topic. I think it was necessary for me to share.

Thank you for you opinion though!

5 Likes

I found an art thief somewhere on here a few months back… she was having an outline contest and legit used a tumblr outline. I reverse image searched that Shit and welp… you know that story.

At least she apologized and never did it again. yay! :grin:

3 Likes

Victory for Adam \o/

3 Likes

Lol I remember

2 Likes

She even put it boldd

2 Likes

Lol she was likeee

“Don’t steal my work. This is my original outline”

YEYEEYEYYEEEET

3 Likes

Here is a little bit of insight from someone who is on the outside looking in to the mess that is ‘Forum Community Drama and Bullying’.

People not getting along is always going to be active when a large number of people are collectively in the same place. Not everyone has to like everyone and that’s fine, there is nothing wrong with that but it’s the insults and bullying that is the problem.

Anyone who says there hasn’t been any bullying is wrong because I’ve seen it. I’ve seen two people arguing on a thread, and when one user was caught out lying she deleted her comments to make it look as though she was being attacked for no good reason < That’s not ok, especially tagging friends in afterwards to cause more of a stirrup.

Maturity goes a long way. Not responding to hateful and insulting comments doesn’t make you weak in any way, in fact it makes you the bigger person and with the threads being public, everyone else see’s it too. But sadly, this isn’t a road taken by most forum users. I understand some things said can be awful but by not responding you are not feeding the hate and making it grow. Just flag the bad comments, not hard.

Some of the things I’ve seen written are just absolutely disgusting. Words are powerful ammunition and I think a lot of people forget that. What might not hurt you, can certainly damage someone else.

Private issues can be resolved in private messages. It’s not difficult to do.

Whilst someone may say something you disagree with, there is a difference between disagreeing in a manor that is acceptable and disagreeing in a way that you are trying to force your opinion onto someone else or insult them for not agreeing. Graciously accept that not everyone has the same opinion as you.

I’d also like to point out that in the UK, some forms of cyber bullying is illegal.
Here are some helpful websites (UK & US) for anyone that thinks they or someone else might be being bullied online. (I’ve shared these before, didn’t think I would have too again but here we are).

https://www.bullying.co.uk/cyberbullying/what-is-cyberbullying/

https://cyberbullying.org/bullying-laws

Be mature. If you and someone else don’t like each other the answer is simple - don’t speak to each other. If by any chance you are in a position where you need too (though I doubt this would ever happen), be civil and mature.

I agree with everything Zaddy has stated to be honest :ok_hand:t3:

6 Likes

You’re definitely right.
I feel that some people think conflict on here is solely art group drama but in some cases it’s bullying and harassment.

I understand how some people would want to respond and it can be hard ignoring things. Especially when there’s the fear that if those hateful words remain in the public eye, people will associate you with it.

In my case, I felt humiliated and felt that ignoring it wouldn’t be the best option. I was painted in a bad light and out of fear of being seen as a bad person, I thought I could fix things in private message. Unfortunately it didn’t help. I thought the best direction would be making a public statement about bullying.

Sometimes you need to clear the air. If you do, it’s best to leave names out of it.

If someone is bullying you or slandering you, don’t respond to them. If that’s not enough, express your feelings within the community without mentioning names. Chances are other people going through the same thing will vent with you.

3 Likes

I think with your situation, you did the right thing by trying to privately message the other/s involved. Again, not many people on the forums do that even though it’s the correct route to take.

It’s a tough and touchy subject because everyone reacts differently. Especially with ages ranging from 13 - 30s. I’m not saying it’s mostly the younger ones but it does appear to be packs of maybe mid-teens from what I’ve seen.

The biggest threat to a bully is silence because they don’t know how to take it.

You shouldn’t feel humiliated, although I don’t know the ins and outs of your situation, I have seen you on the forums and I follow you on IG. To me you seem like someone who is friendly, blunt and honest - maybe that’s what people find intimidating.

Just keep being you and don’t let anyone take any part of you away. Otherwise they win.

2 Likes

You’re really sweet!
Thank you for your kind words and contribution to the thread.
Everything you said was true and I hope it helps others :blush:

2 Likes

Next time someone tries to start something unnecessary, here’s my advice.

Blow your head up and fly away. :unicorn: :grin:

546723__safe_screencap_ace_applejack_carrot%20top_doctor%20whooves_golden%20harvest_lyra%20heartstrings_minuette_noi_pinkie%20pie_rarity_t

3 Likes

THANK YOU!
ILL DEFINITELY TAKE YOUR ADVICE :joy::joy::joy:
Lmao

2 Likes

Gosh, I want to say…

Thank you for this thread!

Now I know that drama happens around art groups, or just in general.

Now I am pretty sure a lot of fighting happens when a bunch of people group together then have some sort of “beef” with someone because their friend argued with them. It is fine but can’t everyone just make amends and just walk away

JUST FLAG!

Just look at the comment, think "who is this person behind the screen. They shouldn’t get such detention I’ll just mute or flag and notify the moderators.

Problem solved. Also…

IF IT ISNT NICE DONT SAY IT!

I agree with @ZADDY and pretty much everyone that just wants to stop this mess.

3 Likes

I’ve flagged the bullying multiple times but it never worked.
If I felt flagging them and ignoring would’ve stopped the bullying I would’ve done exactly that.

1 Like