Neha's Weekly Discussion #4: Pet Peeves!

oooh my biggest pet peeve: when someone starts saying something at dinner and then stops to take a bite so like the whole group’s convo comes to a hault and you’ve just to to wait and listen to them chew :woman_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

I see what you’re saying. The thing is though, it makes it feel like being tall is a requirement for a man. I’m around 5’8" and most of my friends are around my height. They aren’t that much taller or shorter.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag :blush:

Now when I think about it, I do believe I am a walking wreck of pet peeves. :joy: There are many things that can annoy me (even though it’s very hard to make me actually mad).

So, as most often pet peeves I have to face on daily basis, I’d say:

1. Unfunny jokes. You know, when someone thinks they’re super funny. But even the crickets consider it necessary to honor their every joke attempt with a minute of silence;
  2. Loud noises;
  3. Pseudoscience and attempts of some individuals to argue on the topics they know nothing about;
  4. Absence of logic and contradicting behavior;
  5. Last but not least: drawing on a wrong layer and noticing it WAY TOO LATE. This is just UGH. Even thinking about it now makes my eye tic :rage:
1 Like

wow my comment is quoted :joy: :hearts:

my pet peeve is this

2 Likes

@MissSarahG1- I feel like I don’t really read stories like that (where it’s all CC in the first episode) but again I tend to shy away from stories with CC lol
But it can be annoying, I understand your frustration haha
@kahotshot- OMG SAME HERE. annoying 12 year-olds blast stupid rap music (like I don’t know something from today’s top hits, that makes me shudder) and it’s absolutely obnoxious. Whenever I blast music it’s actually good and I don’t get complaints. When these people do it, they get complaints and DON’T STOP. please. STOP. being. cringey. ahhfjasidofjaoipheriahriohe thank you :))
@blue.berrytoast- yeah that’s a pretty common one. it can be quite disgusting to watch it while eating. Sometimes I lose my appetite, but that’s only in severe circumstances :sweat_smile:
@Maeverie.Rivera BAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE THAT. My mom’s like that too, don’t worry! She’s just looking out for you and wants to enjoy as much time with you as possible. time goes by fast and before you both know it, you’ll be all grown up! Also, yes, I can tag you next time!
@pri.2112- Hey! yeah, sometimes my brother comes into my room when I’m blasting One Direction music and he gets really upset because he’s like, “I can’t focus with really bad music on!!!” and I’m like no, I’m not taking it off :joy: it’s a battle
@reina.a.ep- omg same!!! I’m literally 4’11. not even five feet and my friends are all WAY taller than me. I’m in high school and whenever I’m walking in the walkways I look really short and it sucks :/// (don’t worry I low-key relate as well, as you can tell lol)
@miller_k- HAHAH that’s one that I forgot, honestly. that’s happened with me so many times and I HATE IT MYSELF. lmao
@Lumnara Of course! xx
LOL YOU WOULD DESPISE ME I TRY TO CRACK THE WORST JOKES ALL THE TIME
@MMG- Yeah, your comment got quoted! and relatable. I always have to repeat myself and it. is. ANNOYING!!

6 Likes

Episode pet peeve, but when the MC’s name doesn’t fit their personality. eg. Being named Shurui (Japanese for kind) and being a bully.

1 Like

hi!
omg yeah my brother literally goes like “TURN DOWN THAT MUSIC” and i go “says the one who blasts random music that was probably sung by a 2 year old on the potty” :joy:
it definitely is a battle

1 Like

Ah! yes I definitely understand with what you mean!

5’8! Could you give me some height? :joy: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

@reina.a.ep LOL I WISH THAT COULD BE ME.

1 Like

@AwkwardNancy that’s a good one. I feel like that doesn’t happen all the time, however when it does happen it can be weird. I don’t know, usually people choose niche names and they are nice.
@pri.2112- Hahaha yep!! there are rare times, when songs come on that my brother likes. It’s usually songs that play on my mum’s CD’s in the cars :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.