Neon/light up text

I’ve seen many stories have neon text/text that lights up in their intros/outros. Does anyone know how to do it or have a script for it? If I’m correct, it includes overlays and looks something like this

Text

If you know how feel free to reply to this :tired_face:

I haven’t done it myself yet but I’d do it with two overlays - the first being a slightly dimmer neon text and the second one (being a layer above) as the brighter neon text and then I would just adjust the opacity of the brighter one to make it “light up.”

Hope that makes sense!

For creating neon, I normally just Phonto and then export it as a PNG and then import it to Procreate and use the illumination pen if needed as well as the “Bloom” function to make it stand out more before exporting it again and uploading it to the portal.

1 Like

Thanks, that makes sense! Would I have to make the top overlay fade out in order to create a flicker effect?

Fades are only for transitions but you could adjust the opacity up and down quickly for that “flicker” effect. (:

Ex: @overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0.2 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 0 in 0.3 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 0.8 in 0.2 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 0.1 in 0.3 THEN overlay OVERLAY opacity 1 in 0.4

I haven’t tested that out but that’s the gist of it.^

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.