Netflix white washed Winx Club

This makes me so upset. How they gonna do our girls flora and musa like that? Also where is tecna??

Not to mention the tone is so far off. Like excuse me Netflix this is a show about a bunch of 16 year old fairies going to a fairy boarding school why does the trailer make it look like Shadow Hunters or literally anything from the CW. Why’d they make it seem so serious and dull. Literally how do you make fairies dull???

I just hate everything about it it sucks and im upset they felt the need to do this. Why couldn’t they just leave Winx Club alone :(((

Trailer below for anyone who hasn’t seen

Summary

https://twitter.com/nxonnetflix/status/1337019232261791750?s=21

15 Likes

noooooo winx was my childhood why tf did they do this

6 Likes

the trailer looks good ngl !!!

BUTTTTTT it does look like something from CW KDNFDKJLFHLDk and it does look kinda boring, they make it seem interesting tho.

THE OG WINX WILL ALWAYS BE BETTERRRR

plus, some of the characters just don’t look like there cartoon selves which is why they should’ve just LEFT. WINX. ALONE.

5 Likes

A big no from me. ;.;

3 Likes

I am dispointed in the musa pick, but acording to the studio flora is not black/latina she is tan. even though I think they should have kept her black in my opinion

as you can see her entire family is white. but then again Miele is ginger, where the heck did that even come from

but I do agree they bare been whitewash. and I do not believe the fact Flora is suppose to be white with a tan. its someone els who have come in to make that decision. and not the original idea.

4 Likes

Winx Club should absolutely NOT have the same tone as Riverdale. It doesn’t make sense

10 Likes

Okay, I won’t lie. The trailer is cool, just not something like Winx would be about. Winx used to sum up my entire childhood and my sister’s, and she’s six years older than me! But now it looks like some series based on a YA novel like — ahhhhhh, but… that’s not Winx…

3 Likes

just noticed something where is Tecna?

4 Likes

I still stand by the fact that it’s whitewashing. She’s clearly meant to have a darker skin tone than the others white or not and quite frankly it seems like the original show white washed her character as well

3 Likes

Not in the trailer, no idea

3 Likes

I dont disagree with it been, I did also say I dont belive flora was suppouse to be white the first couple of season, then someone els came in, added a white little sister, white parents.

and like, she can still be latina and white. but still what they done to her is wrong. then their is Layla she is more pale than Flora was in the start

and the entire Musa white actor thing, no, Just no.

3 Likes

just wanna note I found out the girl who I thought was Flora. is not Flora her name is Terra. so both Flora and Tecna is not in this.

4 Likes

Omg no :((( they couldn’t even get the main characters right that’s crazy. Not that adaptations have to be accurate to the original because thats not the point of adaptations but at this point just make your own story about elementalists because thats what the show looks like anyway. It feels like they’re just using the name for views and i hate that. Dont tarnish Winx Club like that

4 Likes

Ok, I can’t with Netflix rn-

6 Likes

that is most defently what their doing. its not a first. they did that with death note.

5 Likes

The trailer looks pretty good… but it’s just not winx club! It’s meant to be a show for kids about cool fairies… and don’t even get me started on leaving out techna! She was my favorite :frowning: And poor flora! The actor looks nothing like her! None of the actors look like any of them! :butterfly: :butterfly:
#justicefortechna :blob_hearts: :blob_sun:

2 Likes

Omg no😢 the wound is still too fresh on Death Note

3 Likes

EXACTLY. like no no no no no .

2 Likes

plus, flora is a latina name and she really does look latina or black to me !!! can’t believe they just turned her into a white girl like that, really disappointing Netflix :frowning_face:

& i feel like they could’ve been more accurate with musa, i mean i don’t know her race exactly and don’t want to guess, but that just doesn’t look like her to me :((

2 Likes

I think characters races should not be messed with at all to avoid this, It’s so insulting on both of sides of the coin
Hear me out
I think its kinda ridiculous when a white character gets a new skin tone in a remake its “why does it matter?” or “its who’s the best actor for the job” but when its reversed its “whitewashing”

3 Likes