Nevermind This Topic

nevermind.

11 Likes

Bummer, wish people had just respected her in the first place- then she wouldn’t have to close.

Thank you for leaving this link here though! @lanafrazer_episode

11 Likes

I know, I was just about to use her woodland background for my character and when I check the drive, no access but hopefully I’ll find something to use. :sweat:

That’s the thing, people are forgetting to CREDIT background editors for their hard work on these backgrounds/overlays, and doing these commissions, and not stating where he/she gets the background from. People always saying “oh but this isn’t yours it belongs to someone else”, etc. Sigh, I really don’t get people at all. I just hope amepisode is doing okay with this issue. There are rules on using people stuff, READ IT, it is there for a reason. :man_facepalming:t3: :man_facepalming:t3: :man_facepalming:t3:

5 Likes

Seriously people, JUST GIVE CREDIT. It’s not even that hard. :roll_eyes:

It’s so sad that she had to close her drive because of these people. Just give credit where it’s due omg. Artists deserve credit.

7 Likes

Exactly, now how am I going to work on my story if I cant find good backgrounds to fit the scenery, her backgrounds ARE PERFECT. Sigh…

5 Likes

I don’t blame her tbh for taking it down. But must have had to really piss her off to make her remove it lol.

I also noticed someone here on the forums who kept reposting her stuff without credit, and I had to keep tagging her to let her know that it was happening :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

See, same problem. It’s like THEY DON’T CARE. Sigh…

2 Likes

Agreed. If it were me in her hands I would be rather irritated.
Like you said there are rules for a reason.
They are very kind to us by taking the time from their lives to create us some quality work the least most of us can do it treat them with some respect by at least giving them a nice mention/credit. No instead some of us decide to be utterly disrespectful…
Okay enough with my rant haha.

4 Likes

I always credit her when using her stuff, she can tell because I always tag her instagram, and all editor must be treated with respect and deserve credit when it comes to their work, how many time people have to tell others that? It’s NOT HARD. Sigh…how am I going to finish my story when her backgrounds ARE THE KEY TO MY STORY. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Maybe you could try massaging her, maybe stating you were looking for something and how you always give credit. I feel she could possibly understand… As long as you are kind and understanding.

2 Likes

No, I don’t want to pressure (or disturb) her or anything like that. It’s fine, plus I can still find some backgrounds or maybe make my own. :heart:

2 Likes

Ahh, well good luck with that! :dizzy:

2 Likes

:heart: :heart:

2 Likes

Oh shucks!
I was literally just looking for her so I could look at her background drive. :triumph:
Wish people would have been more kind and just gave credit. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

She is such a wonderful background creator and I am sad that she closes it but I understand it is because people don’t give credit.

2 Likes

I hadn’t announced this widely yet as am assessing if I will reopen it, with stricter guidelines. Ppl not always crediting is a big reason obviously, but also people doing commisioned work with my backgrounds, especially when they edit the backgrounds to fit their commission. I always said I don’t want my BGs used in commissioned work, but more and more it’s been happening. This is what finally drove me to close my drive.

I make no promises, but I’m reviewing if I will reopen and if so, it will probably be for people to use only in their story and not in art scenes or edits etc. By removing allowing people to use in art scenes and edits, it would be easier for me to review and to stop ppl using them in commissions and getting paid for work that isnt entirley their own.

I wanted to be a free and accessible resource for people who can’t afford to pay for backgrounds or art, but as people more and more use them in things they charge for, it was defeating the whole point of why I shared backgrounds for free, on an open and unrestricted drive. It’s also why I said they couldn’t be used in commissioned work, which many people ignored. This coupled with what I feel is not right in charging and making money from something you didn’t entirely create.

I hope this makes sense and people can understand and respect my decision. Which it does seem people on this thread do, so thank you for that :kissing_heart:

16 Likes

(Idk how people got access to your drive but)

There’s this other background artist who has people file a request access form and asks for things like there insta handle, their email, etc. She actually goes through to check out their insta and basically check if the their trustworthy. It does seem like a lot of work but it seems to work for her.
If you want to check her out or ask her more about her system her insta is @elziebet.zaleski

1 Like

I have considered that, however I have apx 1,000 clicks of my drive a month, so that’s more than 30 a day. Now some of those would of course be the same person, but it just would be a lot to manage. Coupled with only being able to add upto 200 ppl to a shared folder, this wouldn’t be enough :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Np @amepisode, do what needs to be done. :+1:t3: :100: :sunglasses:

Okay. How did I miss that IG story? This was like a punch in the face. Seriously, she’s one of my favorite content creators! :sob:
Is it that hard to give credit? Creating backgrounds can take a loooong time, but giving credit - only seconds. :roll_eyes:
But! I still understand her and respect her decision. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like