New app feature; "shards"? Who else has it?

Huh…well I suppose I would’ve known that had I experimented before commenting lol. I just never would’ve thought that simply tapping cc is enough to get the shards cause that seemed too easy. :thinking:
I do choose to spend my gems on community/support the author so being rewarded for those choices is a great way to support authors and also earn some gems back.

Thank you for the insight and clarification :heart:

1 Like

Hi, when I loaded up Episode today, I was notified of this NEW CURRENCY in Episode.

They are called shards, you complete tasks and earn shards. Every 100 shards you get, unless you have a premium pass, you get 1 gem.

Personally, I think this is an utter scam. Couldn’t we just be rewarded gems for completing tasks? What are your thoughts on it? :gem:

3 Likes

I actually haven’t gotten the new update, but I heard that 100 shards = 1 gem which I think is unnecessary.

2 Likes

I have no intention of processing this as it is difficult enough to “EARN” gems :gem: on Episode. If these things factor in, then they factor in. I absolutely can’t with some of these new update changes.

4 Likes

For mine it shows up as 20 shards = 1 gem. And tbh I think they did something right for once because in the update they let you watch ads to earn shards and passes.

3 Likes

Oh I see. That’s good to know, and yeah that part is pretty helpful.

1 Like

I’ve had it since it’s been out for testing and I’m not a fan of it. Unless you have vip you’re getting a deal from it but for those who don’t… not that much :neutral_face:. I had way more shards from the beginning but I think I ended up trading them for diamonds just to get like 9 from it :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

that’s really strange, I guess they’re testing with different shard conversions/amounts with everyone

1 Like

:yay: :yay: :yay:
I didn’t realise i collected so much just by refilling my passes

2 Likes