New author in need of tips!

Hello wonderful Epi forums members! My sister and I are writing a story not for the first time but we really want to make a good one that we will stick with! Any general tips or suggestions would be awesome!!

2 Likes
  1. plan the entire story before you publish. you dont need to have evrything written down but know what you wanna do in evry chapter

2. prof read it make sure there is not mistakes. its better to do it right than fast. I often see people who publish stories full of mistakes and they always say well I wanted my story publish I can fix them after. .yeah but I wont read it later.

3. dont be afraid to ask for help. but before you do use the search button and see if it already answaed

2 Likes

Awesome! Thank you so so much, we really appreciate it! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Also more about 1 if you don’t plan you will get whither blok or lose track of the story.

Gotcha, I honestly think that’s what happened to my last story!

1 Like

So visually: it’s a lot more important than you may think! The story has to look visually good for the reader to fully enjoy it (there are great stories without much visually interesting things), you should do zooms! They really help intensify the mood and dialogue. Also a thing I’ve noticed, is that the speech bubbles have to look good too! Proper spelling, grammar, and also a space after a comma. Use some overlays and layering to add depth to the story!

Tips for an interesting plot/story overall: don’t overthink everything, write what you like but feel free to take suggestion from other people, don’t feel pressured to write if you don’t want to! To keep the story interesting, don’t reveal everything about the characters at once! Do some flashbacks (but not too many, it can get quite annoying), do cliffhangers, ask the reader questions and only later give the answers, keep the reader wondering and imagining what could happen next. Do plot twists, if a reader thinks they know what’s going to happen, prove them wrong!

It also really helps if you have planned out what you want to write beforehand.

I really hope this can somehow help you!

Best of luck in writing! :heart:

1 Like

Avoid cliches. People like to read a story that’s not only well written but unique in its plot. Most of the people who read on episode really enjoy drama and romance with a bit of comedy mixed in, so just keep that in mind. It’s also helpful to use cliffhangers at the end of every chapter so people want to keep reading your story. Good luck on your story, and if you need help with anything feel free to ask! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

THANK YOU SO SO MUCH! This helps tons!

1 Like

AWWW thank you two much! I will definitely keep that in mind! :heart:

Ok first question :joy:

My sister and I are writing about a bartender (Serenity)who accidentally witnesses a gang “attack” and the heir (Ryder) will eventually falls for her. They are a gang that does good, fights against things that the police and authorities do not catch or see. One day the girl is taken, kidnapped by The Shadows, and the Royal Roses need to get her back.

Do you have any suggestions on how to make it different from the cliche gang stories and any title suggestions? I didn’t think the title would be what has me stuck! Haha!

1 Like

Okay so I definitely like the idea where the gang fights for good instead of bad, and that already separates it a lot from other gang stories. The way you described the story to me, it sounds as though it would do well in a unique setting. (maybe this is just me because I love fantasy stories, but it doesn’t even need to be fantasy. Maybe like a different time period or even just a place unlike where most gang stories take place because most of them take place in big US cities)
Some title suggestions:
Red as Roses
The Smell of Roses
Just a Bartender
Sweet Serenity
Ryder hood (lol this might be on the brink of copyright)

Also what might make interesting (idk if you already have an idea for this) but why the shadows kidnapped her. Like is there something special about her? Does she somehow have ties to the gang life, does she have something they want? Maybe she could also have a unique background.

1 Like

Aaah! I love it ! I think we’re going to have her somehow involved in the gang life, like her parents were famous gang leaders but the died and she has no clue because her parents wanted it that way. For the setting I think a city would be best because a lot of crime takes place in a city, but I like your idea. For the Title were going to go with Sweet Serenity! Thank you so much! would you like credit for you awesome help?!

1 Like

No problem, I’m happy I could help! :blush: and I really like that idea :heart: Sure, I’d love credit! You can credit my Instagram, @anna._.epp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

AWESOME! Will do!! Again thank you so so so much! :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

No problem! :two_hearts:

1 Like

Moved to Share Feedback since you’re asking for help with writing. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.