New Author in Need of Writing Tips

howto
community
coding
general
opinion

Hey everyone and anyone who is reading this post. I’m a new author (like I literally have just signed up for the forums and everything) and I need some help with my story. I don’t really need help with the plot, but I don’t know how to start off my first episode. I want it to seem calm and peaceful and then go dark and go into the story. I was thinking of either using a poem or doing a little thing like “Have you ever been to the ocean? How did it make you feel? Calm? Terrified? Most people would say calm and at some point before today, I would’ve agreed with them. But now I know, I was wrong.” I don’t know. I wrote that last part myself but I’m afraid it’s too cheesy or corny and no one’s going to like it. It’d be very helpful if I could get some opinions on this, please!

Thank you,
Anahi (pronouced: ON-UH-HEE)

PM me! I can help!!!

I want to but if I’m being completely honest, I don’t know how to do that.:frowning:

Hey, the ocean part sounds so good! If I was reading this episode I would’ve liked that part.

I LOVE IT. :heart:

Hello @Anahi-Camejo! This is Sydney the Moderator and we welcome you to the Episode Forums.

This topic has been moved from Creator’s Corner Directing Helps and Tips to Share Feedback as it doesn’t have any coding/scripting in it. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

Thanks for reading and have a good day :sunglasses:

This is just a really quick pet peeve, but when authors change the scene to quickly or make their episodes too short. I feel like when they make the story and scene changes to fast, it automatically makes the story uninteresting. Just think as a reader: Would I keep reading this story? Is this interesting? What do I like that I see in other stories? I know it might be hard, but also getting a second opiinion can really help! I don’t know if you learned to code yet or not, but if not, goodluck! x

I PMed you

Hey! Do you guys have any tips to plan out stories because I am a new writer and have a great story but i dont know how to plan and keep it organized…

@Episodebegginer Get a piece of paper and scribble ideas. And then get another piece of paper and start putting them in some sort of order. And then fill in the blanks.

Hey @Episodebegginer
I started to work with the App “Evernote” where I write down my ideas and important facts for example what I have to know about the city I choose and of course discriptions of my charakters. After that I build each Chapter itself.
Now I just have to translate them into english! :blush: I’m also a newbie and currently Working on my 4th Chapter in german.

Best wishes from Germany!

Wow thats so cool and i really appreciate the help!