New authors: Story check! (open)

Hey there new Episode authors! Welcome to the community :tulip:

I know writing your first story can be hard at times and stressfull too! You’re asking yourself if it’s good enough, if people will like it… Don’t worry!
We all had to start somewhere, no story is perfect from the beginning! Getting a second opinion on your story is very important! This is yor chance :blush:

If you just released your first story or are about to, drop it below.
Please include: Title, your author name on the app, description and story cover! (You don’t have to include a link, as I can’t access it from the computer anyway).
Also please tell me, if you’re okay with me posting the feedback under this thread or if you’d rather receive a PM.

I will review the first episode and give you feedback about reader experience.
The feedback will include:

• Overall reading experience
    Did I enjoy the story?
    Would I recommend it/continue reading?

• Plot
    Well planned?
    Intruguing/interesting?
    Development

• Directing
    Smoothness
    Errors/mistakes

• Characters
    Realistic?
    Well devloped?

• Visuals and extras
    Story title, desctiption and cover
    Overall aesthetics
    Sounds and Music (if included)
    Speechbubbles and spelling
    Timing

Based on this experience feedback, I will give you tips on how you can improve your story.

Waiting list:

? @samia5113

1. @khushboo
  2. @BabiGutz

:exclamation: Please, take some constructive criticism! I created this thread to help new authors, not discourage anyone.

10 Likes

Hi (I’ve been commenting on ur stuff a lot so ur probs tired of me but you’re super helpful so u will just have to get used to me lmao)
Here is my story⬇️
Title Secrets

Author Your._.girl. _.kay

Chapters Three more coming soon!

Genre Drama/Romance

Style Limelight

Description Kaylee Smith is a goody two shoes that doesn’t trust most.What happens when she finds out most of her life was a lie and everyone she trusted was keeping secrets from her?

Link http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4833837780762624

Cover

Hello! I have just published my story on episode, and this would be absolutely helpful! I’d appreciate all the feedback. A PM would be preferred. :slight_smile:

Title: IMMORTAL
Author name: esapphire
Description: “In a world filled with dark secrets, it leaves Cynthia in a situation she never imagined. Could she be the one to mend the unbroken with the help of the four immortals?”

Thank you for this!! :heart::heart:

Hey…
story: Let it be me
author: darksun
chapters: 11
style: LL
description: While moving to a new city, Rose never expects to get trapped in a love triangle, between her two new rommates, now she has to fight a battle with her own heart…
Cover:

Thank you for doing this, love. Here’s my story.

You can post the review here or on me, do whichever will be easy for you. I have no problem. Hope you like my story :slight_smile:

1 Like

thanks for this thread! i just published this a week ago, & it’s my first story! <3 i’d love some feedback on it! you can just post the review on this thread x

STORY TITLE: how to feel
AUTHOR: viarose
GENRE: fantasy, romance, drama
STYLE: Limelight
CHAPTERS: 3
DESCRIPTION: after your 18th birthday goes wrong, you find out about a magical world where there are people who can control emotions and feelings. the only catch? you’re one of them, too.
:sparkles: LL, fantasy / romance / drama, CC, 4 LI’s, LGBTQ, diversity, choices matter, art scenes :sparkles:
INSTAGRAM: @viarose.writes
LINK: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5727852826918912
COVER

1 Like

Story name: It’s Impenetrable
Author:Khushboo
Genre: Drama
Style: limelight
Description: Amelia has been running away from her past, but what happens when it follows her and destroys her happiness? Will she be able to sustain it or will it consume her? (CC, 2LI)
Instgram: @g_.episode
Cover

I WILL LIKE A PRIVATE REVIEW.

1 Like

Name: Runaways
Genre/s: Romance/ Action
Author: Mira/ Vibe
IG: @ babigutzwrites
Episodes: 11, 12 commin today.
Description: One day i was ditching class and avoiding social interaction The next i was halfway across the world in love with two people and Leading a Mafia with a war on the horizon…What the h*ll we gone do now…
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6674836064763904
Runaways_Lc4j_posterThumb_MJ0UdAnlIa

1 Like

Please specify, how you’d like to receive the feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Could u pm me please

1 Like

It’s done! :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Done :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

I was unable to review yours, since you’re revamping it atm…

Hey there! Sorry but this thread was meant for new authors only. I want to give people feedback on what they can improve, as the most are unexperienced.
Good luck with your story though! :tulip:

Thank you for this thread and I’d love to hear your opinions on my first story : D! I just published it two days ago.
Molly's Card 2 BT

I’d like to hear your thoughts on PM please : ))

1 Like

I would rather PM😊 thank you.

1 Like

Hello there!
I’m a new episode author and I saw your forum.

Sorry for my self promotion, I’d like to take my chance if I can. ;;

I would like to recommend the very first episode story I made and I published it just now. I’m a sucker of Rom Com, Drama, Comedy, and Fantasy. This book is the first book of three that I am planning to continue and hoping it would go well. It’s also an LGBT and Mafia themed (as the story goes, these facts regarding with the protagonist will be revealed). I included my own artworks as art scenes and tried my best with the point system. Hopefully you give my story a chance! :slightly_smiling_face:

Title: Trap In Between
Author Name: EpisodeAnon27
Description: You’re known as a tyrant to everyone except for your family. After dying from an accident, an angel told you might have a chance in heaven. Are you taking the gamble? LGBTQ/LL/CC.
Chapters: 11 episodes (12 - 13 coming soon)
Genre: Rom Com, Fantasy, LGBT, Comedy, Drama
Style: Limelight
Instagram: episodeanon27
Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5317362729549824
Story cover:

1 Like

This is really helpful even for someone like me who started writing over a year ago :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For everyone who struggles with character development I made a post on Instagram and I also have a character sheet in my google drive which you can download and use. You can find the link in bio on Instagram @annaw.stories :smile:

1 Like

Hey there! Thank you so much for the thread!
I am a new author and published my story few weeks ago. I’d love your feedback via pm/dm. :hugs:
Here’s my story:

1 Like

This is my first story and would love a second opinion on it!
My first episode isn’t very intruging, I must admit, but by the last episode, I think the plot starts t build up.
I also don’t mind if you give me the feedback as a reply on the thread.

Title: Death by the sea
Author name: BeefyGirl
Genre: Mystery
Description: Ten friends go on their anual Easter trip to make memories… ones they’ll never forget!
Cover:
Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 21.32.58