New Episode “Treasure Chest”?🤔

Just opened the app now and this is pretty interesting :thinking: Anyone else have it? Hopefully it legitimately is a way to earn more gems (because as you all can see, I barely have any :joy:) and not just a gimmick into spending money to get the reward. I can update this thread as time passes though :blush:

(I use iOS in case anyone is wondering)

9 Likes

I don’t have the treasure chest. Oh well.

5 Likes

It must be pretty new still. Which is strange because I don’t usually get the new things they test/roll out for months. It’ll be interesting to see how this actually gives rewards, and if it’s even worthwhile :thinking:

6 Likes

I think I’ve had it for a bit now. I don’t really do anything with it though.

4 Likes

I’ve had it for about 2 weeks, I never did anything towards it as I don’t read the epi feature-official stories only community so mines been sitting there.

3 Likes

I have this feature and I’m on Android!

3 Likes

I have this on my phone which is Samsung a51.

3 Likes

Just got it today. The cost does look pretty low but from my side it’s ₹269 so no chance I’m getting that anytime soon :skull:

3 Likes

I don’t like EO’s either (hence why I have no gems lmao) but I think I might blast through a couple of them to see what happens with the chest :thinking:

4 Likes

It telling me I need at least 36 gems to open gives me hope I won’t have to use actual money to do so…but I’m wondering if using money is a way to open it sooner? I’m not sure. But yeah even from my end, I’m a stay at home mom. I’m not paying $2.99 for whatever’s inside. I love Episode, but it isn’t that serious to me lol

3 Likes

Oh really, mine says that I need at least 60 gems to open out of a 70 gem max, and at 60 gems it will cost $ 4.99

It doesn’t seem vary consistent, maybe there testing it still.

4 Likes

Ohh and yours expires in 13 days whereas mine is only 6.

This is still pretty interesting! Maybe they’re finally giving us more/easier ways to earn gems, since 1 :gem: per EO isn’t very realistic :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, maybe when they work out everything there release it as a feature.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure you need to pay to open it regardless, but the more you add, the higher discount you get on gems. Mine is $2.99 for 60 when the normal price for 50 gems is $4.99. So it’s cheaper, but more effort especially since the primary way of filling up the chest is selecting gem choices in other stories :skull_and_crossbones: Not worth it, imo lol

3 Likes

I got this today
And even I wondered what it is

2 Likes

Ahh, yeah I won’t buy gems ever no matter the discount lol
I just finished an EO chapter (didn’t choose any gem choices) and got 3 gems for it :thinking:

I’ll put in the effort for now to see if this is worthwhile or not, and if it’s not then oh well…at least I tried :rofl:

1 Like

UPDATE:
I got 2 gems for logging back into Episode. I read 1 chapter of an EO and earned 3 gems that went right to the chest, plus 1 gem that went to my actual gem total. So now my gem total is 18 (since gems earned from logging in/the chest don’t count apparently) and my chest is at 12.

It also shows the chest every time a gem choice pops up in an EO story.

4 Likes

Probably the last update:
So I’m assuming that since I reached the max number of gems that I can now pay $2.99 to receive that amount. :cowboy_hat_face:
BUT it looks like whatever’s in your chest can be used for gem choices in EO stories (first pic) which I guess is pretty cool if you like doing that.
Needless to say, I won’t pay that to get 45 gems, nor will I give much effort towards the chest anymore because I’d rather use my passes on the lovely communities stories :new_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

I find it pretty bad, actually, because I can’t earn gems from reading originals anymore. If I read a chapter of an original story, the gem I earn goes into the chest, and then I need to pay to unlock it. Rip earning gems for free.

1 Like

Seriously??? Mine gives me 1 gem and then 3 gems go into the chest. Episode needs to find a better reward system for free because the daily stream (if you even have it) and EO’s isn’t enough :unamused:

1 Like