New episode writer

I would like to know, as a new episode creator how do you think I should make my story more realistic and intriguing, any opinion will be valued

1 Like

Plan your story! Sometimes random ideas aren’t that intriguing. (sometimes they are… but only sometimes…)
I’ve started thing of a basic idea of the story and the main characters. After that I’ve started to design the single chapters of the story with a few notes. Note the plans for first few chapter down and look if it fits together. Whenever you have ideas, which sounds good note them down and check if it fits to the story line, if not you can try to change a few things about this idea.

To make a story more realistic, think about the main characters, etc. and image a character type for them (like badass, good girl, nerd, athletic, etc.). After that let them act like their character type is!

For other realistic parts, get some information about different things you want to tell in the story (For example, in my story I’m talking about a specific sickness and because of my family I have experience with this)

Intriguing: Well, you can leave a few open questions, but some people like this and some don’t… For this you should do, what you would like!

Set your own rules and always stick to these!

thank you for your feedback I will truly use all of these tips this is the boost I needed

1 Like

Hello @ARI9, this is Sydney the moderator. Welcome to the forum! :smiley: I’ve moved this thread to Share Feedback since you’re asking for help with story writing. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Avoiding cliches make things more realistic. It’s fine to have a mean girl who rules the school, as long as that character is well written. Add LAYERS to all the characters, as well as the plot. Plan everything out. (Of course, you can write some things as they come into your mind, like conversations or the details of a few scenes.) Make sure there’s a reason for everything and everyone. Try to cut out unnecessary scenes as well, and add emphasis (like foreshadowing or something) to important scenes subtly. Don’t just say it! And speaking of saying things, remember to show more, rather than tell everything. Episode is a visual app, so make sure to think of your story as more of a movie rather than a book. But Episode is also an interactive app, so I recommend character customization and choices (even if they’re not major choices like choosing between two love interests; they can be little things like choosing from a restaurant menu, choosing what weapon to use, how to comfort a friend, or how to respond to a bully/dangerous situation.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.