New feature on episode? (Approx. Min)

I’m scared to know what mine show up as. I have chapters which I timed to about 17 minutes but readers have told me took them about 30 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah don’t really count on it! She has an okay length sometimes it seems too long but i think it still ranges from 15 to max 25-30

2 Likes

It really depends.
Some devices may glitch too and that may take more time.

2 Likes

This is an interesting update.

4 Likes

I am too. I don’t want my readers not to read my stories because they are so long. I’m scared.

2 Likes

It really is. I’m curious to know when Episode will decide to fully release this update to us on the app.

3 Likes

Yes!

1 Like

At least now we’ll kind of know the length of our chapters. But the thing is, for every person it’s different. Some people read very slowly while others read really fast. So for one person it can be short, for the other - long. It really depends :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

I hope this is fully released soon!

1 Like

Ohh… I also wonder if this timer takes branching into consideration?! Because if it just calculates a time based on the number of lines, then that would mean that a lot of stories would show very inaccurate times :thinking:

4 Likes

This is a feature we are testing. It’s not out to everyone yet.

13 Likes

awesome! Thanks @Liz

1 Like

Ugh I don’t like this, this can be a way to pre judge a story before even trying it not to mention it pressures authors to confine to a certain time limit. :confused:

4 Likes

I agree with this statement right here.

5 Likes

This is a feature that is currently being tested, so not everyone will have it. :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks @Sydney_H :wink:

2 Likes

I hope authors don’t get pressured:(
I honestly don’t care about the time of each chapter it would just be convienient when you have time for only a few minutes so you can pick the approporiate story.

5 Likes

I feel so proud
I never get any features first:’(

1 Like

@Liz @Sydney_H it would actually be really cool if authors had the choice to/not include it in their stories if they want, or they could have the option to adjust the time since they may know better about the minutes.
But it’s a really cool feature for me and I am glad you are working on it!

1 Like