New featured story: Bad Boy Roommate

Meanwhile, there is the odd comment disparaging teacher-student relationships in Sandra G’s featured stories.

I guess this bit just fell victim to the possible small number of chapters this story would get, to not address it even at all. IDK what happens in the original though

1 Like

Ugh, leaves a bad taste my mouth glossing over it because of the compacted plot line.

I’m not sure what happens in the original either, and I’m not gonna read it to find out. I can just hope if it does happen in the original it’s handled better than in the featured version.

1 Like

Following up on Shane’s almost SA moment: there is this scene in the 7th episode where Austin and Shane are talking about Lily and the reason why she needs to go to therapy. Shane doesn’t seem to be heavily affected by the incident, in fact Austin replied something like it was Shane’s doing for hooking up with Madison to begin with (in the beginning of the story, I hope that’s what he means), and he agrees. The whole attitude is like ‘bitches be crazy’ not ‘bitch almost assaulted me’. I bet Episode wouldn’t dare to write this if the genders were different… Because it was a bit ‘victim-blamey’?

But idk, Shane so far is developing well at least as an LI, at some points he is cute

1 Like

This week was the last episode. It contained a content warning for a flashback to the MC getting drunk at a party she was lured to by a mean girl who then abandoned her, at which point the MC was raped by a stranger. You couldn’t skip the whole flashback, but the was a skip option for the rape scene, though even if you viewed it, it showed the moments leading up to the act accompanied by voiceover, stopping short of the act itself.

Then, in classic 8-episode revamp fashion, you chose your final love interest and it ended abruptly. I chose the guy that wasn’t a completely piece of shit to Lilly for half the story.

2 Likes

By the way you say, it implies she heals BECAUSE she got together with somebody :unamused:

But hey finally an official story with an implemented content warning

1 Like

Well, the flashback occurs within the context of the therapy session she attended in the previous episode, so I think it’s the therapy that helps. The relationship started after she left therapy for the day. Honestly the whole romance aspect didn’t really seem necessary.

1 Like

I mean, cool for the story to show therapy and healing. I guest came down to the eight-episode thing. I haven’t finished it yet, but I guess it was handled a bit more developed than Shane’s.

BTW, I’m glad for the other guy too

1 Like

Every 8 episode featured story is suffering from the limit. Everything moves along at a relatively sensible pace for 7 episodes… and then episode 8/the finale is a rush of last-ditch character development and general chaos.

2 Likes

What ever happened to the 12 episode limit? That’s short but a lot more reasonable than 8 :expressionless:

1 Like

Beyond ridiculous at this point. I rather prefer the old 12 episode with the author creating a second season on their own :expressionless:

I don’t even know if it’s possible to cram a 50 episode story into 8 episodes without butchering it completely :rofl:
And if it is possible, Episode clearly haven’t figured out how to do it yet lol

1 Like

I’ve finished reading it all, and I didn’t think that it was too bad. It’s one of the better newly released featured stories. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s only if the authors are revamping their own stories. If Episode does the re-write, they smush it into 8. :confused:

1 Like

I agree. It’s just my biggest issue was that it was compacted into eight chapters, and it’s potential was not realised as much

2 Likes

I haven’t had the chance to read the original Bad Boy Room mate yet. But I saw that it has over 60 chapters! Wow!

1 Like