NEW FEATURED STORY: EVER SINCE NEW YORK by Lina Sofia

Lina’s (insta: @linawrites) incredible story, Ever Since New York has been featured and released as a beta story to selected readers.

Congratulations to Lina! This story has captured the hearts of many readers. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This featured story has included new hairstyles, animations, and surprisingly a new range of clothes that are too hard to not gush over! :heart_eyes:
So to start the discussion, how do you lucky beta readers feel about this new story? How are you liking these unique assets and what are your thoughts for each episode?

A Few Shots of the Story

Also, please let me know if I made this thread too early.

15 Likes

Oooo does anyone have a link?

3 Likes

Omg! I love the original story, and I’m so happy to see that she has featured! :heartpulse: :sob: I’m on a story binge right now with her and Kylie stories.

4 Likes

Do you mean a link to the story? I didn’t know that there was a link available since the author’s profile wasn’t accessible through the story card.

Goodness…so sorry for this late reply. :sweat:

1 Like

Yeah usually in beta tests, they don’t like to the profile. But people who have the story available can share it with the share link. I’m just curious bc this seems like it could be one of the better stories Episode has purchased

2 Likes

Interesting, although I haven’t seen a share option on mine.
I think it is a great story to introduce these new features that have been blowing up the wishlist thread and Instagram.

1 Like

It doesn’t have the “share” option when you click the three dots next to the title? Interesting

I have seen stuff on the wishlist thread that I really like. But it also just seems like the characters may be more likeable than most of the Episode features I’ve read lol, that’s why I’m so interested

2 Likes

No, there isn’t an option but maybe someone else has it and can post it here so that you can read it.

I haven’t read this story but it looks great! Those hairstyles are amazing, congratulations to Lina:)

2 Likes

Omg this greying hair I want so bad

Also no one warned me this is a dead mom feels story so I’m gonna cry a lot

5 Likes

Great! You got the story, did you get the link you wanted?

1 Like

Yeah a friend of mine had the beta and was able to share it. I’m reading through it now. It’s pretty cute so far. Definitely an improvement from a lot of the stories episode chooses to feature, imo

4 Likes

Yeah, episode really did make a great decision choosing this story. Do you mind sharing the link to the story on this thread for others to read and be able to discuss about?

I’m reading Ever Since New York. Check it out: http://episodeinteractive.com/r/s/6360962350383104

5 Likes

I love Episode’s approach on romance stories now. Instead of descriptions with a teenage sense including words like hot and handsome, whatever, the narrating is more raw and heartfelt, and the characters are sweet, love interests less toxic. More complex backstory. I love it, and of course we can’t forget this bby

But there was this one scene where we pay 29 gems to wear the red dress and then you have to pay another 19 or summin for your bff Max to wear a pink dress, add 10 gems if you want to do her makeup. I mean we don’t get to choose her clothes, it’s her life. I feel scammed. The “do her makeup” part didn’t even mean changing her hairstyle or choosing color of lipstick, they just added pink to Max’s lips nd got it done with.

7 Likes

I do feel like the gem choices are too coded together in the first few scenes. Maybe it is created this way to include an extended amount of new features that would normally not be added to other featured stories. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

I don’t have the beta, but I’ve heard some good things about the original and I’ve meant to check it out.
How does the original compare to the featured version so far?

1 Like

I love the dresses, hairstyles, and tattoos.

3 Likes

When it comes to contrast, I’ve noticed that there are different facial details on some characters (take Lauren for example). It feels weird seeing something else than what I’ve become accustomed to seeing, tbh.

2 Likes

I’ve read the first episode, and it’s very cute. The pacing is much better than most of their features, and the narration adds layers to the characters. I’ll wait to read the rest of it so I don’t have to repeat several episodes when it moves out of beta, but this is the first feature in a while I’d actually like to continue.

The one thing I’d like to see more of is the backstory. The tiny flashback in the beginning isn’t enough to really make Hardin and MC’s seeing each other again as resonant as it could be. I assume we’ll see more of their past together later. I just hope it doesn’t cost gems since it seems integral to the emotional undercurrent of the story.

7 Likes